PDA

View Full Version : vegetarian/vegan

Flapjack
June 3rd, 2016, 11:33 AM
Do we have any veggies on here?:')

I was vegetarian for a solid 10 months but stopped last week:) I still love animals soooo much but people were telling me how I made no difference and they were right so I stopped:)

Typhlosion
June 4th, 2016, 05:05 PM
My family is vegetarian, so I was vegetarian until leaving home for college, where vegetarianism was not a choice. I adapted well except for beef (meh most of the time). Still, vegetarian options are the first I look for in a menu and most things I cook are vegetarian.

Melodic
June 4th, 2016, 09:26 PM
I'm a flexitarian. Mostly, I just eat a bunch of vegetarian meals but I still eat some beef, chicken, and fish.

kevenity
June 6th, 2016, 02:58 PM
No but I was a pescetarian (only eat fish meat) for some time

Katie NYC
June 7th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Nope. I love meat.

Taryn98
June 8th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I've had friends that were vegetarians or vegans but it never lasts. They always convert back.

YouTube
June 10th, 2016, 08:09 PM
I've been vegetarian for a month now, and am on the fence of going vegan but also on the fence of just going back to meat. I mean Panda Express's orange chicken and their broccoli & beef are just so tempting, but I've been surviving.

Dalcourt
June 10th, 2016, 10:00 PM

I was vegetarian for a solid 10 months but stopped last week:) I still love animals soooo much but people were telling me how I made no difference and they were right so I stopped:)

I don't really understand what you mean by people telling you you make no difference! ?

I'm no real vegetarian cuz I eat meat about one to three times a month at least. People around me eat so much meat it would be impossible to completely avoid it.
I'm not sure if I would go completely vegetarian if I could.I never really thought about it. I just don't eat meat cuz I don't like most of it.
If I wanted to become a vegan I think in my current situation I would just not have the money to by the food to substitute the dairy stuff and all...and this would lead to health problems I guess.

So for nw I eat a little bit of everything.

Endeavour
June 12th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I'm not, but my sister is a pescatarian (eats fish but not read meat). It was her new year's resolution 2015 and she's still going strong.

devotionnel
June 12th, 2016, 08:52 AM
I'm not, no.

Flapjack
June 12th, 2016, 09:24 AM
I don't really understand what you mean by people telling you you make no difference! ?

Oh I had a few friends that seem to take personal offence from me being a veggieXD One even said he would now be my friend if I became a veganXD Thankfully our friendship is over now!!

They'd say stuff like you don't buy enough meat to make a difference and tbh it is true.

Dalcourt
June 12th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Oh I had a few friends that seem to take personal offence from me being a veggieXD One even said he would now be my friend if I became a veganXD Thankfully our friendship is over now!!

They'd say stuff like you don't buy enough meat to make a difference and tbh it is true.

Yeah, maybe one single person doesn't make a difference...but if everyone thought so in every aspect of life our world would be a sad place.
Just saying.

Flapjack
June 12th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah, maybe one single person doesn't make a difference...but if everyone thought so in every aspect of life our world would be a sad place.
Just saying.
I completely agree but I was having a bad day and dropped the veggie diet after 10 months and I don't want to be the guy that is veggie only every other day.

Abyssal Echo
June 13th, 2016, 08:57 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As long as you were happy with you that's all that matters. Before you give up vegetarian/vegan food You might want to check out www.chefmarkanthony.com
I'm a flexitarian. Mostly, I just eat a bunch of vegetarian meals but I still eat some beef, chicken, and fish.
LOL same :D

Hudor
June 13th, 2016, 09:27 AM
I've been vegetarian for nearly twelve years now.
I've had chicken when i was very young and i vaguely remember not liking it. I used to have fish until i was nine or ten years old but then i happened to visit a slaughterhouse once and it was unhygienic enough to make me give it up. My parents and brother are vegetarian as well. So it wasn't a major diet change. We just eliminated one small part of it.

jose365
June 17th, 2016, 04:24 AM
I like to have both. I tried to be a vegetarian for 2 months. But I failed to maintain that.

Flapjack
June 17th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I've been vegetarian for nearly twelve years now.
I've had chicken when i was very young and i vaguely remember not liking it. I used to have fish until i was nine or ten years old but then i happened to visit a slaughterhouse once and it was unhygienic enough to make me give it up. My parents and brother are vegetarian as well. So it wasn't a major diet change. We just eliminated one small part of it.
wow well done buddy!!!!