PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS Broken! Need to use broken touch screen!

RavenGod
June 1st, 2016, 08:58 PM
So, a while back, i broke the touch screen on my 3ds. i recently got a download code for Super Mario Bros. Deluxe but I cant use it because the touch screen is broken. How can I use the download code and will Nintendo allow me to send in a 3ds for repairs without a warranty? Thanks for any help you can provide

Uniquemind
June 2nd, 2016, 12:51 AM
So, a while back, i broke the touch screen on my 3ds. i recently got a download code for Super Mario Bros. Deluxe but I cant use it because the touch screen is broken. How can I use the download code and will Nintendo allow me to send in a 3ds for repairs without a warranty? Thanks for any help you can provide

Call them and find out. Most likely yes, but it'll cost you a couple hundred I'm guessing.

With a broken touch screen though idk if you can even do a system transfer.

I have a nerf case on my 3ds after I went through something similar.

RavenGod
June 2nd, 2016, 11:55 AM
Call them and find out. Most likely yes, but it'll cost you a couple hundred I'm guessing.

With a broken touch screen though idk if you can even do a system transfer.

I have a nerf case on my 3ds after I went through something similar.

Ah. I've been looking at some youtube videos and I think that I may be able to buy a screen repair kit for the touch screen and fix it myself. But yeah, if it turns out well, I will also have to invest in a case as well.

Flapjack
June 2nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
Ah. I've been looking at some youtube videos and I think that I may be able to buy a screen repair kit for the touch screen and fix it myself. But yeah, if it turns out well, I will also have to invest in a case as well.

Be careful buddy, I know nothing about 3DS screens but I know a lot of kits like that don't work. For example, there are kits claiming to be able to replace the iPhone 6S screen for $25 but that is simply impossible. Some screens are simple enough like the iPhone 3.

Uniquemind
June 2nd, 2016, 05:54 PM

Beware of fake knockoff "fix it yourself" kits from China sold on ebay and amazon marketplace type sites.

If you do opt for a fix it yourself option, I do recommend you start looking into serial numbers on the parts that the official manufacturer uses to ensure compatibility.

Don't be penny-wise, pound-foolish. Sometimes it pays for services like these.

jdhud024
June 5th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Beware of fake knockoff "fix it yourself" kits from China sold on ebay and amazon marketplace type sites.

If you do opt for a fix it yourself option, I do recommend you start looking into serial numbers on the parts that the official manufacturer uses to ensure compatibility.

Don't be penny-wise, pound-foolish. Sometimes it pays for services like these.

This. OEM replacements are more expensive but worth it. When I shattered the digitizer and the AMOLED panel in my Galaxy S4 I bought an OEM replacement from a seller on Amazon for $85 instead of the cheaper, non-OEM replacement that was $60. The OEM replacement works great, but I bought a non-OEM screen to fix my old iPhone 4 like almost two years ago and it came in both shattered and for the ATT iPhone 4, not the Verizon iPhone 4 even though it was labeled as a Verizon model.