PDA

View Full Version : i can't tell anymore

BunniBoi
May 31st, 2016, 11:24 PM
so like my grandma like every time i'm talking about how i feel she says "nobody cares about your nerves or feelings" but then when i come home upset from school she says "oh honey whats wrong i care about your feelings" like wtf and when we have a little argument she takes it too far threatening to kick me out the house, saying she should start beating me, and shit like that but now i can't tell if it's my fault (most likely is my fault) or if she's just fucking crazy because she's ill from lupus. i feel like she treats my sister and her biological children better than me :confused: :(

Cadanance00
June 1st, 2016, 09:55 AM
When people are ill it's hard for them to be consistent with people. People who are in pain will often be short with people or push them away to deal with their illness. Feel bad for you.

fighterpilot360
June 1st, 2016, 11:31 AM
yeah it probably is not you because i can be like that when im sick as well so dont take it personally.

Just JT
June 1st, 2016, 09:18 PM
Outside of 1 reply (@kikle) I think that most posters are giving good advise. It's hard to watch a loved one be so sick. I've watched it in my own family to. One thing that does help and explain why they do that shit, but not excuse it, is understanding it also. I sure you know what yiur up against. But I'm putting a link below. Click and read, it might be repetitive and it might bring some light to how she is feeling.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear, and were hear to listen if you needa talk ok?

http://www.lupusny.org/about-lupus/fight-lupus-body-and-mind/thinking-memory-and-behavior

jamie_n5
July 1st, 2016, 10:20 PM
I feel for you. Where are your parents if I may ask?

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 10:00 AM
so like my grandma like every time i'm talking about how i feel she says "nobody cares about your nerves or feelings" but then when i come home upset from school she says "oh honey whats wrong i care about your feelings" like wtf and when we have a little argument she takes it too far threatening to kick me out the house, saying she should start beating me, and shit like that but now i can't tell if it's my fault (most likely is my fault) or if she's just fucking crazy because she's ill from lupus. i feel like she treats my sister and her biological children better than me :confused: :(
It sounds like your nan is a very nice lady who sometimes gets irritable and takes it out on the people around her. She loves you buddy:)

Skylark
July 31st, 2016, 11:17 AM
It's most likely her illness that's making her erratic in her opinions.

saxmatic16
August 1st, 2016, 11:42 PM

It's unfortunate that family seems to treat their own kin the worst. Don't blame yourself some people just don't have the same heart or mindset you do. So don't look into it too hard and if anything try to talk to her about it.

Eric Rom
August 5th, 2016, 01:03 AM
I feel a bit sorry for your grandma. I mean Lupus is a horrible horrible thing that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body).

Sometimes when she lashes out, it's not her, but the pain that she is going through.

Godsdaughter
October 20th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Your Grandma is older and ill. Most likely, she doesn't know what she is doing. I am SURE that she loves you though. After all, you didn't do anything wrong. She has no reason not to love you. I know how you feel, but I have to say, I feel really bad for your Grandma too. She has a horrible illness, and if she knew what she is doing, I bet she would never do this to you. She cares about you, dude :)

Atlantis
October 20th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Please don't post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: