PDA

View Full Version : Best Friend Tried Vaping

KangarooInMalibu
May 30th, 2016, 10:47 PM
So a few days ago one of my best friends held a bonfire at his house. One of his friends came and brought two of his friends with him. After a while they started vaping. One of them offered an e-cig to my best friend and asked if he wanted to do it and he took it and tried it. He ended up mostly coughing though since he didn't really know how to vape. After he was done coughing, he offered it to me, which I declined.

Later I asked him how it was and he told me that it was fun and that it tasted good (it was berry flavored). I told him how I was surprised that he decided to try vaping (since he doesn't smoke or anything like that) and he responded rather harshly to me and seemed annoyed/angry that I was surprised.

He knows I don't do drugs or alcohol and don't really approve of it and I don't really want to get into a fight with him about this. Any suggestions on what I should do?

(Note: I do know what vaping is, why people vape, how to vape/use an e-cig, etc., I just don't do it)

Uniquemind
May 31st, 2016, 12:36 AM
This is really harsh but, I've always let my friends get mad in this situation, and if they keep giving me attitude I demote their importance to my social circle.

Tim987
May 31st, 2016, 03:46 AM
You cant force anyone to do anything but just Suttley ask him if he is going to do it again and if he says yes maybe try and talk him out of it

Michael75
June 15th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Just let him at it, when I started to get balls deep in drugs/vaping my friend was supportive the whole way through and continuously tried to make me realise why i shouldn't do it, and not just tell me not to do it, if that makes sense. However I didn't realise until i was having several interviews about drug abuse in school, siting there about 5 bpm away from a fucking heart attack,saying to myself "Why'd you do this Michael? Why? This is my education you're fucking up right now, you cunt" Anyway. I got off topic. Basically yeah be supportive and make him realise he shouldn't do it, and why its wrong/dangerous

Human
June 16th, 2016, 01:21 PM
It's just a vape, water vapour and nicotine, would you be surprised if he drunk a cup of coffee? Sure nicotine is 'harder' because it's stereotyped to be found within cigarettes, but if he's not smoking an unhealthy cigarette then he's just ingesting a stimulant
He isn't doing it on a regular basis either so iw ou;dn't worry

Babs
June 17th, 2016, 12:26 AM
He's a big boy, you should trust him to make his own decisions and deal with the consequences. Not much you can do anyway.

MakeItRain
June 17th, 2016, 01:40 AM
vaping is just like normal cigars stay away from it

Fehu
June 22nd, 2016, 02:11 PM
Vapings harmless, also its fun to blow huge clouds.

Splashy Splash
June 27th, 2016, 03:21 PM
You have to stick what you believe is right, but just let your friend do what they are going to do. You do however have the right to tell them not to do it around you. I have a few friends that vape but know my stance on it and don't do it around me.

Cadanance00
June 28th, 2016, 12:19 AM
I don't know that it's harmless. It's still nicotine, which is an insecticide. I tried it and it does make you feel relaxed but you gotta find other things to relax you that don't cost money.

ImCoolBeans
June 29th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I would just leave it be. If he wants to try it that's his decision. It's not illegal or nearly as harmful as other things (both legal and illegal) that he could be doing. Also in my experience, it's unlikely that you're going to get addicted to nicotine from trying a vape once. If he starts doing it all of the time then sure he could, but if he doesn't plan on doing it regularly then I don't think there is much to worry about.

jamie_n5
June 29th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Just stand your ground and be yourself. If he doesn't understand then he wasn't a true friend anyway.