PDA

View Full Version : Self-Confidence

Ineedyou
May 30th, 2016, 07:27 PM
When I was about 7 I had a pretty bad lisp. Everyone I talked to commented on in. "You talk funny?", "Do you have a accent?", etc. Soon, this got to me, when I got into 3rd grade I became a mute. I lost the lisp, but the insecurities followed me. I grew up with trust issues and anxiety, everyday I wasn't in my room alone, I felt like I was being judged. At school, I feel judged 24/7, I feel like everyone is staring at me all the time. Everytime someone laughs I feel like their laughing at me. This insecurity just grew bigger and bigger. I only talk when I have too, I will skip school if i have to present. I dont know how to get over this insecurity.

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Insecurities is a huge deal, really is. It's very hard to overcome, sometimes they never are. But with help, and identifying certian Things like triggers, you could over come this.
So maybe talk to a counselor or something to help you go on that direction?

WhoWhatWhen
June 20th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Be proud in your voice and what you have to say. You most likely have little to no lisp now, but if you do, you shouldn't worry about it. It's the only voice you have so you have to use it. (I hope this made sense and I'm not rambling.)

Endeavour
June 22nd, 2016, 01:51 PM
Hi there, don't worry I'm sure you are not alone. I myself have my own insecurities, like you have with your voice, and trust me you will get over it. Like others have suggested above, it might help talking to a guidance counsellor/tutor/teacher you like at school who you can talk over things properly with you, probably know what you are going through, and are more likely to offer you more supported and appropriate advice based on what is going on at school. Generally though, just try and ignore those who are laughing. Although that may seem hard, this is definitely a technique that works, for me anyway. You don't even know if they are laughing at you or at something else from what I've interpreted the above as, so try and keep positive and get those negative thoughts out of your head (perhaps through talking to someone like I said above)

jamie_n5
June 30th, 2016, 02:20 PM
If your speech normal now then so are you. You don't need to be afraid of anything any more. Build back some confidence. Maybe talking to a school counselor would help you feel better.