PDA

View Full Version : Margaret Atwoods's "Rape Fantasies"

DriveAlive
May 29th, 2016, 08:55 PM
My teacher made my class read Margaret Atwood's "Rape Fantasies," which is a short essay on several ridiculous rape fantasies to point out what is so wrong with this topic as a form of entertainment. They were extremely enjoyable and funny to read, but I know no one else who has read them. I highly recommend you check them out. It will only take you 5 minutes to read and then you can tell me what you think.

Here is a link to a pdf version

http://teachers.garces.org/mdetloff/Rape%20Fantasies%20(Atwood).pdf

Mars
May 29th, 2016, 10:04 PM
What the fuck did I just skim through...
Tbh when I saw "rape fantasy" and "extremely enjoyable and funny" I was a little put off but honestly idek what I just read

DriveAlive
May 30th, 2016, 10:04 AM
What the fuck did I just skim through...
Tbh when I saw "rape fantasy" and "extremely enjoyable and funny" I was a little put off but honestly idek what I just read

It is old feminist literature

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Haha!! Lol!!!!!
I think everyone has some kinda rape fantasy tbh.....
I know I do lol!!

Amethyst Rose
May 30th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Haha!! Lol!!!!!
I think everyone has some kinda rape fantasy tbh.....
I know I do lol!!

I was dying to point this out but I didn't want to be the first... tbh that's why I opened this thread!! I haven't read it yet but I will.

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I was dying to point this out but I didn't want to be the first... tbh that's why I opened this thread!! I haven't read it yet but I will.

Think it's only normal we all have different sex fantasies right?
I mean, even rape could be somewhat of one, even if it's a trigger for some people (me included). It could even be therapeutic if done right, seriously....
Well, fun to lol!!

Amethyst Rose
May 30th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Think it's only normal we all have different sex fantasies right?
I mean, even rape could be somewhat of one, even if it's a trigger for some people (me included). It could even be therapeutic if done right, seriously....
Well, fun to lol!!

Yes, absolutely. It can get some sexual aggression out, you know? And it's not hurting anyone, so really, what's the harm? There is none!

And I didn't even finish the pdf; I much prefer my own fantasies :D

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Yes, absolutely. It can get some sexual aggression out, you know? And it's not hurting anyone, so really, what's the harm? There is none!

And I didn't even finish the pdf; I much prefer my own fantasies :D

Do you enjoy reading stories like this?

Amethyst Rose
May 30th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Do you enjoy reading stories like this?

No, not really, mainly just making up my own. It depends on what it is exactly, the context. It's very unfortunate when something like this should happen in reality, but I like to fantasize about it. Why do you ask?

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 11:04 AM
No, not really, mainly just making up my own. It depends on what it is exactly, the context. It's very unfortunate when something like this should happen in reality, but I like to fantasize about it. Why do you ask?

I like reading erotic stories, I get quite a charge out of them. The site I read from has many different genres in it. I was going to share it if your interested, but you don't seem to be. It's not only rape stuff, it's all kinds of stuff. Some is pretty twisted, I'm not really into that, but some are pretty cool stories

Amethyst Rose
May 30th, 2016, 11:13 AM
I like reading erotic stories, I get quite a charge out of them. The site I read from has many different genres in it. I was going to share it if your interested, but you don't seem to be. It's not only rape stuff, it's all kinds of stuff. Some is pretty twisted, I'm not really into that, but some are pretty cool stories

Well, like I said, it depends on the context. So I can never say if I like something until I've read it. Twisted? Hmm, now my curiosity is up, please share.

DriveAlive
May 30th, 2016, 11:43 AM
I think you guys have missed the point of "Rape Fantasies" probably because you did not read it. They are not erotic fantasies. Margaret Atwood was a feminist writer and "Rape Fantasies" is her comedic essay that criticizes how society has romanticized rape.

Amethyst Rose
May 30th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Forgive me, I have a tendency to not understand this type of writing right off the bat. I didn't find it comedic, not my cup o' tea.

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Sorry also for derailing the thread