PDA

View Full Version : Wanna exercise but embarrassed to ask.

Matryoshkasystem
May 29th, 2016, 08:13 PM
I'm really skinny -well not as skinny as I was-and want to work out, but have nothing to do it with. My parents would probably kill me via embarrassment if I were to ask them. Its more or less cause I just have no strength really, also cause my mom has gotten annoyed that I am so weak. So how could I get a way to exercise but not ask my parents? I'm reasonably already balanced and coordinated-thank bowling since those were empathised a LOT-, also reasonably flexible. So what would you reccomend also?

Mars
May 29th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Uh just work out on your own? How old are you? If you're able to, sign up in a gym. You can work out without equipment and still become fit.

Matryoshkasystem
May 29th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Mars 14, too young to drive-august I'll be 15 though-. I'd thought of signing up at a gym but my parents pretty much control what I do,where I am, pretty much everything-aka dictators-. So they'd find out one way or another, unless I could find a way around them-but even then they control those ways to a point-.

Mars
May 29th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Mars 14, too young to drive-august I'll be 15 though-. I'd thought of signing up at a gym but my parents pretty much control what I do,where I am, pretty much everything-aka dictators-. So they'd find out one way or another, unless I could find a way around them-but even then they control those ways to a point-.

Then yeah, just look up some home exercises and set up your own schedule and training plan. If you want, I can help you out to set it up, and I'm sure there's plenty of people here that I'm sure would help :)

dbfordateam
May 29th, 2016, 10:10 PM
I would invest in a pull up bar. With that alone you gain so much strength. But a gym membership is nice. I would also consider that you bulk more, consume more calories

Matryoshkasystem
May 29th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Mars thanks this has bothered me for a while actually, but since going on medication-depression- I've been able to focus on putting more effort into bettering my health instead of maintaining it.:)
dbfordateam I already eat the most in my house, I just can't put any weight on for some reason-though that might change since growth has finally allowed down-. Also the pull up bar is a good thought, how much do they cost? Might be able to save up money.

lemondrop
May 30th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Do calisthenics,but you'll have poor leg development - inbalance,always when you're working out - start with 3k calories or sooo... Calisthenivs burns a lot of cals. Check on youtube for some beginner stuff

P.S. Everyone says they eat a lot,but they don't ,if you would eat a lot you would gain mass every week 70-80% is nutrition. Gl

Kelsey1031
June 14th, 2016, 07:50 AM
you can go for a jog/run for a few miles. maybe get some wrist weights to wear while you're jogging. I go for a 2 mile run almost every night

Flapjack
June 16th, 2016, 03:38 PM
I'm really skinny -well not as skinny as I was-and want to work out, but have nothing to do it with. My parents would probably kill me via embarrassment if I were to ask them. Its more or less cause I just have no strength really, also cause my mom has gotten annoyed that I am so weak. So how could I get a way to exercise but not ask my parents? I'm reasonably already balanced and coordinated-thank bowling since those were empathised a LOT-, also reasonably flexible. So what would you reccomend also?
Your mom is annoyed you are weak but would embarass you if your try working out?

Maybe go gym with out telling her? If this is not an option you will have to exercise using your body weight buddy! Try asking buddy becuase a dumbbell alone would be soooo much help!

FlyOnTheWall
June 16th, 2016, 04:00 PM
some parks and playground have outdoor excercise equipment so you could just go there?

BlackParadePixie
June 16th, 2016, 05:10 PM
why do you think your parents would not be accepting of your desire to exercise? That just seems crazy to me...there is nothing wrong with wanting to exercise and improve your body and health.

Matryoshkasystem
June 16th, 2016, 11:09 PM
They essentially, have said time and time they can get in shape if they wanted to, but then whenever they try, something always happens to stop them-though my dad does have a valid reason-. Though its more, I want to exercise with actual equipment, they wouldn't buy the equipment-they tell me to use everyday stuff-, and won't get a membership to any gym.

Flapjack
June 17th, 2016, 11:53 AM
They essentially, have said time and time they can get in shape if they wanted to, but then whenever they try, something always happens to stop them-though my dad does have a valid reason-. Though its more, I want to exercise with actual equipment, they wouldn't buy the equipment-they tell me to use everyday stuff-, and won't get a membership to any gym.
They use your body weight buddy! Maybe gallon bottles of water will help for a little but tbh you need real weights. You need to use your body weight my friend. unfortunately this limits you greatly.

BlackParadePixie
June 17th, 2016, 12:39 PM

is there not a YMCA or a rec center nearby? Or your school...does it have a gym? Those are some free options...

Iri_dium
June 22nd, 2016, 04:00 PM
I'm sad to hear about your difficulties with the trainings and I really don't understand your parents :( How they can demand from you to be strong if they in fact leave you without the possibilities to gain that physical strenght? :confused: Besides their own example in sports isn't very motivating at all :what:
Anyway I think that you can make some practises even without the special stuff ;) Running and walking are always good, also riding a bike if you have your own it can perfectly replace such stuff (http://jonsguide.org/best-recumbent-bike-review/) from the gym and make you really stronger :) ALso basic morning exercises are good, as also the yoga practises, you can search smth good for you through the special web resources ;) But be careful while practising, especially with yoga. try to start from smth "basic" and easy ;)
Good luck! :)