PDA

View Full Version : depression ptsd and other anxiety

thatgothgirluknow
February 15th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Lately my ptsd has been acting up really bad Wich causes my depression to act up as well I've tried everything I can't calm myself down and its driv ing me crazy I hate going to school and refuse to shopping people at school purposely touch me and cause my ptsd to act up its gotten so bad that I can't focus enough to learn my lessons and I'm shaking so bad I can't write or draw and every time it happens my depression acts up as well then I end up cutting any advice

JamesSC
February 15th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Are you on any medication for this?

thatgothgirluknow
February 15th, 2014, 11:54 PM
yeah only zolof though and it doesnt work :(

The Trendy Wolf
February 24th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Lately my ptsd has been acting up really bad Wich causes my depression to act up as well I've tried everything I can't calm myself down and its driv ing me crazy I hate going to school and refuse to shopping people at school purposely touch me and cause my ptsd to act up its gotten so bad that I can't focus enough to learn my lessons and I'm shaking so bad I can't write or draw and every time it happens my depression acts up as well then I end up cutting any advice

I have only recently turned over a new stone that I had not even known existed. With PTSD, anxiety, and depression all surfacing at once, as well as severe ADHD, it has been an incredible struggle. I shake, muscles tensing, eyes widened, rapid and intense blinking, scribbling all over the page in front of me as I continue to cover the entire piece of paper with my arms whenever my peers' eyes begin lingering in my direction. I grab my hair and comb through it constantly with my hands as I look crazily around the room at the chattering individuals that are disturbing the peace. My thoughts often are a blur, staggered and fragmented processes that move at a sluggish pace. It's so hard to focus on anything for long periods without my sanity scattering into twitching as well as unprovoked, annoying outbursts.

It's tough, I know, and I don't even take any medication other than high dosages of ADHD medication, which may only be worsening the issues. I know that it will eventually get better and I will thrive in my community as well as in school.

Karkat
February 24th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Have you ever tried drinking a warm drink, or taking a warm bath when you're at home? If I get flashbacks/etc, there's really not much I can do, so I'll usually just lay in bed entirely under the covers until they go away. However when I get panic attacks, etc. I usually try drinking something warm, or taking a warm bath, watching tv (for some reason tv really helps my panic attacks!)

I hope you find something that helps :(

thatgothgirluknow
March 1st, 2014, 09:53 PM
Have you ever tried drinking a warm drink, or taking a warm bath when you're at home? If I get flashbacks/etc, there's really not much I can do, so I'll usually just lay in bed entirely under the covers until they go away. However when I get panic attacks, etc. I usually try drinking something warm, or taking a warm bath, watching tv (for some reason tv really helps my panic attacks!)

I hope you find something that helps :( i take warm baths when im at home but at school theres not much i can do i was told to try to talk to people but im uaslly to nervous pluss my principal who doesnt like me threatened to expel me if i tlk to anyone who goes to my school at home or at school because she doesnt want me to be a burden to the other students

Karkat
March 6th, 2014, 11:59 PM
i take warm baths when im at home but at school theres not much i can do i was told to try to talk to people but im uaslly to nervous pluss my principal who doesnt like me threatened to expel me if i tlk to anyone who goes to my school at home or at school because she doesnt want me to be a burden to the other students

Er, wow. I don't think she has the right to do that. I'd go above her head. Do you know how to contact the board or the superintendent?

thatgothgirluknow
March 8th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Er, wow. I don't think she has the right to do that. I'd go above her head. Do you know how to contact the board or the superintendent?
no but i talked to my counselar this week and she said shed have my home group take care of it

Karkat
March 8th, 2014, 05:54 PM
no but i talked to my counselar this week and she said shed have my home group take care of it

That's good. Best of luck. :)

xandyx
March 8th, 2014, 10:03 PM
i take warm baths when im at home but at school theres not much i can do i was told to try to talk to people but im uaslly to nervous pluss my principal who doesnt like me threatened to expel me if i tlk to anyone who goes to my school at home or at school because she doesnt want me to be a burden to the other students

Wow I feel this so much to! My teachers and stuff don't get me either and almost "feels sorry" for me which I fricken hate cuz they know a lot of the story I guess from my guardians and/or counselor and "just in case" or some crap. I hate feeling like singled out because sometimes I can't concentrate enough on there class or something. :mad:

Your not alone. Sometimes I hold ice cubes or something when I have a flashback. The cold feeling kinda helps me keep my focus on that.

thatgothgirluknow
March 9th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Wow I feel this so much to! My teachers and stuff don't get me either and almost "feels sorry" for me which I fricken hate cuz they know a lot of the story I guess from my guardians and/or counselor and "just in case" or some crap. I hate feeling like singled out because sometimes I can't concentrate enough on there class or something. :mad:

Your not alone. Sometimes I hold ice cubes or something when I have a flashback. The cold feeling kinda helps me keep my focus on that.
i was told to try that since i was cutting i think ill give it a try next time

imthomas
April 10th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Good luck dude