PDA

View Full Version : Phone comparison battle 2016

Uniquemind
May 26th, 2016, 03:19 AM
So anybody have opinions on rumors about iPhone 7, and then comparisons to what the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge offers?

Just JT
May 26th, 2016, 04:47 AM
I've loved Apple devices for a long time. I use an older iPhone 5s and love it, so I can't imagine how much better the 7 is. I've never had a galaxy, but I'm sure it's not as good as an iphone in my opinion

But I'm sure it'll depend on the user to and whatbthey like

jdhud024
May 26th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Ehhh. I'm more of an LG fan simply because LG doesn't give a fuck what you do to the recovery and boot loader making their phones easy to install custom ROMs on. Plus my LG G3 is indestructible. It has been down a flight of concrete stairs without a case and didn't crack or anything, and it has been swimming twice, and drank some Coke at one point too. Still works fine.

Even though I love my MacBook Pro, I will never own an iPhone. I'd take the Galaxy S7 over the iPhone any day, but I'd take the LG G5 or Nexus 6P over the Galaxy S7 any day.

Plus Samsung is overrated, they're good phones but are so overhyped, and there are so many other good if not better Android phones out there.

Edit: I've been with Android for a while now, since the Galaxy S3 back in 2012. I think 4.1.2 was the version I had when I got the S3. I know Android well enough now that it is even easier for me to use than an iPhone (and I like Android more anyway), so I'm biased a little bit.

CoolGuy108
May 26th, 2016, 07:36 AM
So anybody have opinions on rumors about iPhone 7, and then comparisons to what the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge offers?

Well going off of how AWESOME the 6S was, I would imagine that the 7 could only be an improvement. The 6S was hailed as a properly powerful phone by many including LTT, who historically havent been iPhone fans.

The S7 and S7 Edge look cool, but they never seem to catch my eye like the iPhones

Body odah Man
May 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM
I just know they're all smart phones

jules1309
May 27th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I currently own a Note 4 but I personally believe that the S7/S7 Edge are significantly better and have a lot more to offer than the iPhone. The only thing that bugs me about Samsung is the slow updates which usually take 6 months to come due to Samsung's software skin (Touchwiz.)

Also, the rumour for the removal of the headphone jack in the iPhone 7. I really hope that isn't true because that is a classic internal of the iPhone and the removal would be quite devastating 0.o

Hideous
May 27th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Rumors of wireless charging and removing the headphone jack. Pretty sure the iPhone 7 is going to be thin af.

jdhud024
May 27th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I currently own a Note 4 but I personally believe that the S7/S7 Edge are significantly better and have a lot more to offer than the iPhone. The only thing that bugs me about Samsung is the slow updates which usually take 6 months to come due to Samsung's software skin (Touchwiz.)

Also, the rumour for the removal of the headphone jack in the iPhone 7. I really hope that isn't true because that is a classic internal of the iPhone and the removal would be quite devastating 0.o

Yet another reason I won't get an iPhone if this is true. I'd rather have a thicker phone if it means the headphone jack stays.

Uniquemind
May 28th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Rumors of wireless charging and removing the headphone jack. Pretty sure the iPhone 7 is going to be thin af.

If unbox therapy proves the iphone 6 and 6s was bendable, they'll probably prove the iphone 7 is snapable if it gets any thinner.

I've heard the rumors about the headphone jack removal, I think it's true based on some research I've done.

It definitely will prevent me from buying an iphone for sure, and wireless charging to me is a gimmick, I'd rather have higher capacity battery and faster charging.

But for the price I've since learned that when it comes to Samsung 7 galaxy and 7Edge, is that all they did was add in micro sd support, a slightly bigger battery, and 4 GB of ram which isn't fully utilized by the phone according to some tech stuff I've been reading and from my extremely nerdy friends who keep up with stuff like this.

Idk guys for $850 I think it's just too much.

I'm gonna have to just save and wait.

lemondrop
May 28th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Samsung is overrated and the price tag is way tooo big . I really like SONY xperia z3/z5 ,nice design and feels very good in my hands, good cameras - 4k and all that jazz. Also the battery with a big capacity

Kagura
May 28th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I was hyped for the iPhone 7....

....Then they announced the HJ removal and I was like "fts im out"

I don't really care about Android products tbh...

Murk.T.M
May 28th, 2016, 06:01 PM
$800 is just to much for a phone imho, I mean I got an Alcatel onetouch for only $90 and it's really fast. It has a 1.2ghz quad core, Erich is plenty fast ennuf, with 1 gig of ram and 5 gig internal memory. Although I would like more storage and ram, it's good ennuf. So save yourself 7 or 8 hundred dollars and get something cheaper. Also spending money to get the latest greatest iPhone doesn't make since, no-one cares, and just cause there's a new iPhone 7 doesn't mean you're iPhone 6 is outdated.

Kagura
May 28th, 2016, 09:31 PM
just cause there's a new iPhone 7 doesn't mean you're iPhone 6 is outdated.

That's why I'm getting one model and keeping it until the day Apple goes bankrupt.