PDA

View Full Version : What genre of books do you like reading?

CheerLeaderDana96
May 25th, 2016, 12:30 AM
I like anything with a good story.

PinkFloyd
May 25th, 2016, 12:47 AM
I like action books. When I was in middle school, I couldn't get enough of Alex Rider... haha :lol:

Kacchon
May 25th, 2016, 01:29 AM
I like a lot of science fiction themed books.

azure moonstone
May 25th, 2016, 07:00 AM
I like mystery, and fantasy books.

The White Padded Room :arrow: The Open Book

DriveAlive
May 25th, 2016, 10:54 AM
TBH, I usually do not read very often unless it is for school, but I do occasionally read some mystery books, plays, and philosophy books. The stuff I have read recently that I absolutely recommend that EVERYONE MUST READ are:

-My Antonia
-Seven Storey Mountain
-August: Osage County
-God of Carnage
-Rape Fantasies (by Margaret Atwood)

I would love it if someone reads/has read any one of these and would discuss what they think of them with me. Most of these are plays, but "My Antonia" is a novel and "Rape Fantasies" is a short story so you could read it in 10 minutes.

Melodic
May 25th, 2016, 02:08 PM
I read a lot of romance novels. Some of my favorite authors to give you a general idea are John Green, Nicholas Spark, Sarah Dessen, or Rainbow Rowell. I've also read a couple of mystery books and I read some manga once in a while.

Dalcourt
May 25th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Usually mainly mystery books but as long as it has an interesting story I'm not too picky.

lemondrop
May 26th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Novels

Body odah Man
May 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Novels

Same here. That and fantasy.
Have you read Gone With The Wind or The Count of Monte Cristo (unabridged version) or The Brothers Karamazov? They're all very good books.

lemondrop
May 26th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Same here. That and fantasy.
Have you read Gone With The Wind or The Count of Monte Cristo (unabridged version) or The Brothers Karamazov? They're all very good books.

I have in my book self Karamazov's,but i don't really have time for that , i have read Dostojevski - Crime and punishment ,not fully tho,but i know what happens in the end.

Body odah Man
May 26th, 2016, 10:51 PM
I have in my book self Karamazov's,but i don't really have time for that , i have read Dostojevski - Crime and punishment ,not fully tho,but i know what happens in the end.

Yeah Karamazov is long. Also, you gotta read the book fully for it to count, sorry bro.

lemondrop
May 26th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah Karamazov is long. Also, you gotta read the book fully for it to count, sorry bro.

I can count my half books :DD

Body odah Man
May 26th, 2016, 11:18 PM
I can count my half books :DD

Fine, just because it's you :)

llamabanana
May 29th, 2016, 09:58 AM
I like YA, fantasy, mystery, humor and the ones with all of them

Hudor
May 29th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I like mystery, and fantasy books.

The White Padded Room :arrow: The Open Book

Same here. Most of my library consists of these genres except for a choice few literary fiction works.

everlong
May 29th, 2016, 04:10 PM
I don't read often, but when I do, I tend to like fantasy books. Books with an awesome story and/or a nice mystery behind it.

lliam
May 29th, 2016, 04:42 PM
same genres I like to watch movies ... action, crime, horror, scifi - fantasy, documentaries etc

Typhlosion
May 29th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I barely read books for leisure. I should, my English would improve, but I don't have the patience for it. I "like reading" school books the most, or ones that cover programming.

I do read comics on the web. Does that count? :lol:

Faith Collapsing
July 24th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Sci-Fi/Horror.

Mars
July 24th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Don't bump 2 month + old threads :locked: