PDA

View Full Version : Almost 1 in 4 California foster children is on psychiatric meds

CheerLeaderDana96
May 25th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Are psychiatrists stupid, evil, greedy or all three?

What do you think of this? Do these children deserve better? Would athletic and music programs be better alternative to meds? I feel like the psychiatric industry is stealing the childhoods of these kids.

Wouldn't you want your children to be active and healthy instead of sedentary and diabetic?

Flapjack
May 25th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Are psychiatrists stupid, evil, greedy or all three?

What do you think of this? Do these children deserve better? Would athletic and music programs be better alternative to meds? I feel like the psychiatric industry is stealing the childhoods of these kids.

Wouldn't you want your children to be active and healthy instead of sedentary and diabetic?
Psychiatrists are trying their best, the problem is the whole foster care system that needs reform.

I am sure athletic and music problems will help a lot but mental problems are complicated and may be why they were put into foster care.

Tbh I am suprised 3/4 aren't! It is a terrible system that needs reform.

jamie_n5
August 14th, 2016, 08:39 PM
That is crazy.

Just JT
August 14th, 2016, 09:09 PM
It's really not how that's presented at all. Many foster kinds, California just has a shit tone of them, have a shit tone of problems. Not saying meds cure or resolve the issues, but they do help. It takes time, sometimes more or different meds to get back on the straight path of life. Believe me, I know, and I'm sure there are many more here who will/might agree. No, nobody likes taking meds, it has a stigma attached to it. But hey, you know what, sometimes we need a little pick me up dust me off and push me in the right direction a little more than others do. The lesser of 2 evils IMO

Whew, just hada get that out there lol!!!

Posts merged. Please use the "edit" button next time. ~City Kid

City Kid
August 15th, 2016, 04:44 AM
This thread has been bumped.

:locked: