PDA

View Full Version : Gmail hacked....

Murk.T.M
May 24th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a sorry of my gmail being hacked, and how I knew.

Earlier, I checked my email, and found that someone had sent an email from my account, they had deleted it from the sent folder, but they forgot to blank the bcc box. My address was in the bcc box, because I have it there by default. (Lucky me). They sent it to '[email protected]' cc to '[email protected]' (with that capitalization). My email password it's changed now, it was already very secure, now even more. This is what they sent.
This email account was not connected to anything important.
This is a warning, to always have a more secure password than you do now :)

Btw, my name is Michael, nickname Mike, screenname Murkle... Not Mick. lol
http://i.imgur.com/pAnnUQO.jpg

Flapjack
May 25th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a sorry of my gmail being hacked, and how I knew.

Earlier, I checked my email, and found that someone had sent an email from my account, they had deleted it from the sent folder, but they forgot to blank the bcc box. My address was in the bcc box, because I have it there by default. (Lucky me). They sent it to '[email protected]' cc to '[email protected]' (with that capitalization). My email password it's changed now, it was already very secure, now even more. This is what they sent.
This email account was not connected to anything important.
This is a warning, to always have a more secure password than you do now :)

Btw, my name is Michael, nickname Mike, screenname Murkle... Not Mick. lol
image (http://i.imgur.com/pAnnUQO.jpg)
Don't think you've been hacked buddy:)

Kacchon
May 25th, 2016, 01:43 AM
I don't know why but the 'Hi MICK' made me laugh harder than I should have.

jdhud024
May 25th, 2016, 08:14 PM
If you're worried about being hacked, Google allows you to have a two-step verification when you log in that won't let you log in until you enter the security code texted to your phone, so that only people with access to your phone can log in. You can also view where your Google account is logged in at and what device it is on.

Just thought I'd leave this here. About a year ago my account was logged in on two different computers I don't own, one being in California and the other in Boston. Quickly set up two-step verification and changed my password.