PDA

View Full Version : interesting classes

thatgothgirluknow
May 24th, 2016, 01:59 PM
so this year due to complicated unimportant events i had many holes in my schedule i had to fill and so my guidance councilor had to come up with many classes that i could join late the year as a result i ended up hearing about a ton of really cool classes that i never knew existed heres some of them what classes have you found at your school that you didn't expect or thought sounded interesting

- theater for people with disabilities : our school has an eoc program that teaches people that have mental and physical developmental issues the cool part about theater for students with disabilities is that students can sign up that don't have disabilities in order to help teach and work with the students who do plus you learn with they put on an awesome show this year

- theater : currently in this class and it's amazing we mainly learn about acting but we touch on debate,dancing and public speaking in fact we just did a lip synch so much fun

- per sec dev : ok don't ask me what this stands for i have no clue but im in it lol it was supposed to be a writing class we don't really do anything but there are no rules and it's fun every once in a while we write top ten list
ex: top ten signs you've hired the wrong clown for your kids party ( our teacher reads them out loud not always appropriate
and we had a creative essay a while back but besides that we do crosswords everyday then watch movies

- wielding
- weight lifting
- guitar
- mythology
- theres more i cant remember

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 10:32 AM
That's cool. My favorite class was religion class for me. It was mandatory as I go to a catholic school

But next year I'm going to a trade/tech highschool. I get to choose a shop. Welding and metal fab is one of them. Not sure I'll choose that one, but I'm excited about it

Amethyst Rose
May 30th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Awesome. I wish my school had a mythology class. I have a friend who graduated already, she is in college now and wants to be a drama coach for people with disabilities.

Body odah Man
May 30th, 2016, 11:41 AM
so this year due to complicated unimportant events i had many holes in my schedule i had to fill and so my guidance councilor had to come up with many classes that i could join late the year as a result i ended up hearing about a ton of really cool classes that i never knew existed heres some of them what classes have you found at your school that you didn't expect or thought sounded interesting

- theater for people with disabilities : our school has an eoc program that teaches people that have mental and physical developmental issues the cool part about theater for students with disabilities is that students can sign up that don't have disabilities in order to help teach and work with the students who do plus you learn with they put on an awesome show this year

- theater : currently in this class and it's amazing we mainly learn about acting but we touch on debate,dancing and public speaking in fact we just did a lip synch so much fun

- per sec dev : ok don't ask me what this stands for i have no clue but im in it lol it was supposed to be a writing class we don't really do anything but there are no rules and it's fun every once in a while we write top ten list
ex: top ten signs you've hired the wrong clown for your kids party ( our teacher reads them out loud not always appropriate
and we had a creative essay a while back but besides that we do crosswords everyday then watch movies

- wielding
- weight lifting
- guitar
- mythology
- theres more i cant remember

Sounds rlly cool (I love mythology). There was a course called 'papyrology' that I wanted to do, but I went insane and couldn't.

lemondrop
May 30th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I had mythology classes for two years.
Dunno if you have these ,but i also had citizenship class and safety class

Microcosm
May 30th, 2016, 11:45 PM
I'm taking a debate class next year. My school also offers some computer classes that seem really neat.