PDA

View Full Version : Anime thread!!

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Sooo guys I am sensing a worrying lack of anime on this site!! :P so I thought I would make a thread where we could discuss it!!

What is your favourite anime and what anime are you watching nowww?:)

Reise
May 24th, 2016, 12:51 PM
:o :3 :3 :3 :3

My favorite anime is definitely Neon Genesis Evangelion.

For what I'm currently watching:
- Hyouka
- D Gray Man (it comes back soon!)
- Kuroshitsuji
- Shingeki No Kyojin
- Tokyo gjoul
- No Game No Life
- High School Of The Dead
- School Days
- Gundam Wing
- One Piece (not really but meh)
- Sword Art Online (it's still worth watching)
- Assassination Classroom
- Ghost Hound
- Date A Live
- Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka
- Bodacious Space Pirates
- Steins;Gate

For some of them I both watch the anime and read the manga. Also for most of them I'm just waiting for the next season.

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 01:06 PM
:o :3 :3 :3 :3

My favorite anime is definitely Neon Genesis Evangelion.

For what I'm currently watching:
- Hyouka
- D Gray Man (it comes back soon!)
- Kuroshitsuji
- Shingeki No Kyojin
- Tokyo gjoul
- No Game No Life
- High School Of The Dead
- School Days
- Gundam Wing
- One Piece (not really but meh)
- Sword Art Online (it's still worth watching)
- Assassination Classroom
- Ghost Hound
- Date A Live
- Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka
- Bodacious Space Pirates
- Steins;Gate

For some of them I both watch the anime and read the manga. Also for most of them I'm just waiting for the next season.

Oooooo never watched Neon Genesis Evangelion.... onto the list it goes!!! Loving the anime list you have such a varied taste!!:)

Can't wait for season 2 of no game no life!!XD

I literally only read manga to find out more about ongoing anime:')

thatgothgirluknow
May 24th, 2016, 01:40 PM
What is your favourite anime and what anime are you watching nowww?:)
this question is evil :P i can't choose just one
i haven't had much chance to watch anime lately and im extremely picky so it's hard to find good ones watch but here are a few less known animes that i love
- death parade
- hell girl
- darker than black
- one day friends
- assignation classroom

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 01:47 PM
this question is evil :P i can't choose just one
i haven't had much chance to watch anime lately and im extremely picky so it's hard to find good ones watch but here are a few less known animes that i love
- death parade
- hell girl
- darker than black
- one day friends
- assignation classroom

Sammeeeeee its so hard to find good anime!!!XD The only one on this list I've seen is ass class!! I'll have to check the others out thanks!:)

thatgothgirluknow
May 24th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Sammeeeeee its so hard to find good anime!!!XD The only one on this list I've seen is ass class!! I'll have to check the others out thanks!:) you might like to check out misty kronex on youtube (not sure i spelled that right)
they share allot of good ones on there lots of animes i haven't herd of

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 02:39 PM
you might like to check out misty kronex on youtube (not sure i spelled that right)
they share allot of good ones on there lots of animes i haven't herd of

oh my gosh thanks so much!! I shall go watch some now:)

thatgothgirluknow
May 24th, 2016, 02:42 PM
oh my gosh thanks so much!! I shall go watch some now:)
have fun hope you like them and also nice to meet you i haven't seen you on here before but you seem pretty cool

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 02:44 PM
have fun hope you like them and also nice to meet you i haven't seen you on here before but you seem pretty cool

thanksss and yeah its nice to meet you tooooo! You seem really nice:')

thatgothgirluknow
May 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
thanksss and yeah its nice to meet you tooooo! You seem really nice:')

thanks

Mars
May 24th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I watched the beginning of Evangelion but got really confused and stopped. Similar case with Naruto and One Piece, but not because of confusion but because it was so fucking long of a series. Dragonball/Z was basically my childhood. I've seen plenty of classic anime movies like Ghost in a shell and Akira and Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade. I also watched a bit of Robot Carnival and Black Lagoon but never got around to finishing them. The first season of Sword Art Online was good imo, don't remember much of the second one.

Ive read the mangas to a lot of discontinued amines like Air Gear and Black Cat too

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I watched the beginning of Evangelion but got really confused and stopped. Similar case with Naruto and One Piece, but not because of confusion but because it was so fucking long of a series. Dragonball/Z was basically my childhood. I've seen plenty of classic anime movies like Ghost in a shell and Akira and Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade. I also watched a bit of Robot Carnival and Black Lagoon but never got around to finishing them. The first season of Sword Art Online was good imo, don't remember much of the second one.

Ive read the mangas to a lot of discontinued amines like Air Gear and Black Cat too

Know the feeling with naruto and one piece XD I have watched every naruto ep and manga though:') Had to restart one piece because I got lostXD Never understood all the hype for sao for me it was kindaaa meh:p

So jealous of you watching dragonball/z!!! Wish I could get round to watching it but unlikely its too long:(

FuTo
May 24th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I recommend Claymore and Sidonia no Kishi two of my favorite animes :3.

Flapjack
May 24th, 2016, 04:15 PM
I recommend Claymore and Sidonia no Kishi two of my favorite animes :3.

Watched claymore and sidonia is going on the list thanksXD

FuTo
May 24th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Watched claymore and sidonia is going on the list thanksXD

Haha you're welcome. I hope you enjoy them :D

weekend
May 24th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Know the feeling with naruto and one piece XD I have watched every naruto ep and manga though:') Had to restart one piece because I got lostXD Never understood all the hype for sao for me it was kindaaa meh:p

So jealous of you watching dragonball/z!!! Wish I could get round to watching it but unlikely its too long:(

slow and steady wins the race, dude. i watched all of dragon ball and dbz in less than 6 months i think, but i didnt watch anything else during that time. DBZ is 290 ep. but each one is 20 minutes and dragon ball is 200 or something... it's less than one piece at least :^)

anyway, it's worth the time. saiyanwatch (http://saiyanwatch.com/) has everything i think and some episodes are on youtube

DriveAlive
May 25th, 2016, 12:20 AM
The only anime I watch is Ghost in the Shell if that even counts.

Reise
May 25th, 2016, 09:41 AM
TheFlapjack : Yeah, I'm not that excited for NGNL though, as the editor is known for using anime as manga/light novel promotion. But I think some sort of sequel has been confirmed... I ain't remember. I'm especially waiting for SnK above all, just for the sake of the anime as I read the manga as well.

Still, I prefer to read mangas, it takes less time, there is more choice and no problem of season etc. Some of my most loved titles aren't in anime (yet).
If I had to cite everything that... would really take too much time.

SAO is a pretty good damn concept even if the plot is massacred seasons after seasons....

Mars : If Evangelion weren't confusing it wouldn't be the Master Race #1 Anime haha.
The end is like an atomic bomb in your head btw.

weekend
May 28th, 2016, 05:55 PM
fav: Hunter x Hunter i guess
watching now: One Piece and Dragonball super

i'm a huge anime noob still. i've completed/caught up on less than 15 shows. i don't like waiting a week between episodes, either. so, i'll wait until a season's over and then watch it.

HououinKiyoma
June 6th, 2016, 08:04 AM
I've seen Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Steins;Gate and I've seen the movie for S;G.

I'd say Steins;Gate is my fave. 2nd is FMAB and 3rd Death Note.

I think Death Note started off well but it got boring towards the end.

Flapjack
June 6th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I've seen Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Steins;Gate and I've seen the movie for S;G.

I'd say Steins;Gate is my fave. 2nd is FMAB and 3rd Death Note.

I think Death Note started off well but it got boring towards the end.
Loveeee full metal alchemist!!!!

Were you team light or team elle??

HououinKiyoma
June 6th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Loveeee full metal alchemist!!!!

Were you team light or team elle??

Umm.. I'll try to make this as short as possible.

Initially, I felt that Light was doing the right thing, by ridding the World of Evil. But, i felt that he strayed the path of Righteousness when he started killing people needlessly, just so he could protect his identity.

On the other hand, L had his flaws too as he stopped at no end to get leads on Kira.

Well, i liked the contrast of Light and L. And the best thing I liked about this anime is that neither L or Light was right. The truth is how you interpret it.

I'd rather not team up on L or Light's side. I'm on Ryuk's side coz both of us had a pretty good time!

I'm thinking of watching Tokyo Ghoul. How is it?

I prefer anime which are short and are less than 70 episodes in length.. Any suggestions?

Moriya
June 6th, 2016, 11:14 AM
I tend to go for lesser known animes, but my most favorites are:

Senki Zesshou Symphogear (If you love singing and lesbians this anime's for you)

Valkyrie Drive (Aka Yuri Soul Eater)

and Freezing

Kacchon
June 30th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Just finished watching Kiznaiver (My name/avatar says enough)

Death Note has always been a favorite of mine, SAO was pretty good too. I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on and off for quite some time now, but the series is just so long and doesn't seem to be going in a certain direction in particular. That's just my opinion, though. I'm on like ep 12 I think.

I'm halfway through the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's alright. I watched one episode of Blue Exorcist and liked it, haven't seen any more though. I want to watch Sailor Moon and Psycho Pass sometime soon too.

And... Lucky Star...... no, just..... no.

Porpoise101
July 1st, 2016, 08:29 PM
I have only watched one anime. It is called Daa Daa Daa and it is funny... I used to watch it with my cousins which is why I like it.

rioo
July 2nd, 2016, 12:58 AM
When I was little I like watching doraemon and Dragon ballz for sure! it's really have cool story.

Faith Collapsing
July 2nd, 2016, 01:19 AM
:rolleyes: I'm the generic slightly above entry-level Anime guy. My first big series was DBZ, which blew me away at 12 years of age for the character design and plot. Seeing I was gaining interest in Anime/Manga, my dad recommended the Akira series, which had me hooked for life. I moved on to FMA:B, which completely took over my life for about 3 months, and still continues to be my favorite TV show/Manga to this day. Currently, I'm starting on Death Note and Tokyo Ghoul.

Student of Magic
July 14th, 2016, 02:05 AM
I might say that I'm a noob, too, regarding anime, since I haven't watched so many series so far, but I don't think it's hard to find a good anime (at least for me, I guess). Why isn't it so? Because I personally like every anime that I have watched so far. As I said, the list is not so long, though: Naruto, Attack on Titan (waiting for the second season to be aired :D), Shaman King, SAO.
I'm still watching SAO and Naruto (although I kind of watched the manga almost till the end, so I somewhat know what happens).
I also prefer watching the anime and not hearing/seeing any spoilers, even if I have to wait some time (that may be a lot) for the episodes to be released.

Shin-Ah
August 2nd, 2016, 12:49 AM
Can I just honestly say the plot for SAO season 2 is shiiiiiit.......I mean the only reason I watched it was for the couples, and graphics XD, maybe it's just me but who in the right mind would go back to the game where they were trapped for 2 whole years.....honestly if that was me I'd go full anti-social....wait what am i saying I'm completely antisocial now...........but still.....anyone else agree?

devotionnel
August 2nd, 2016, 03:37 AM
Wow I've only just seen this thread. I've currently seen:

- Corpse Party OVAs (read all of the editions of manga too :P)
- Kiroshitsuji
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Death Note
- DRAMAtical Murder (The anime is one of my favourites actually)
- Angel Beats!
EDIT: The Special One Reminded me that I've watched Elfen Lied. (It's been a while. Shh)
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
- Kuroko's Basketball
- Clannad (+ Afterstory. I cried so hard)

Can't really think of any others. I've got nothing to do, so someone suggest me some short series I can binge on til this weekend or the week after.

Flapjack
August 2nd, 2016, 06:28 PM
Wow I've only just seen this thread. I've currently seen:

- Corpse Party OVAs (read all of the editions of manga too :P)
- Kiroshitsuji
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Death Note
- DRAMAtical Murder (The anime is one of my favourites actually)
- Angel Beats!
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
- Kuroko's Basketball
- Clannad (+ Afterstory. I cried so hard)

Can't really think of any others. I've got nothing to do, so someone suggest me some short series I can binge on til this weekend or the week after.
SHANIEEEE!! My respect for you has just gone through the roof!! xD Not only have you watched anime but the anime you've watched is actually really good!!:D:D Oh and I cried for 4 days because of Clannad and had to have my friend spoil the ending so I'd actually watch it xD

Periphery
August 2nd, 2016, 10:29 PM
I watched quite a few actually

Another
Elfen Lied
Corpse Party
Ranpo Kitan
Mirai Nikki (lol fuck that never again prefer Corpse Party)
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo
Danganronpa
Toky Ghoul, first 2 seasons
Owari No Seraph
Aldnoah.Zero

There's more but it was pretty long ago and to be honest I totally forgot the names. Should get back into anime when I have time though.