PDA

View Full Version : a little jock advice

Drew Alex
May 22nd, 2016, 07:35 AM
I need to buy a new jock for baseball. My old one is getting pretty frayed. Any recommendations from you guys who wear one before I buy a new one? I should probably buy a new normal (non-cup) jock, too, while I'm at it.

Ronjon
May 22nd, 2016, 07:22 PM
I wear a bike jock w/o cup for baseball and Ryder with cup for hockey and under armor swim jock for water polo. I am thinking of getting sliders for baseball and keep the bike for just hanging out in. Just get one that fits without being too tight. I have oversized nuts so i usually go up a size

Drew Alex
May 22nd, 2016, 07:39 PM
No cup for baseball? Really? One baseball to the nuts can do serious damage, dude. Yeah, the odds of that happening are really slim, but still. Never heard of Ryder. I'll check that out. I currently have a Bike cup for baseball. I think I've got pretty big nuts, too, and the cup is pretty roomy and comfortable--for a cup, I mean, which is nice. But the jock itself is pretty worn out. Thanks.

Daniel4
May 23rd, 2016, 10:58 PM
I wear the bike jock for most any sports. McDavid is also good brand. I play some baseball and just wear the bike cup combo. Once you get use to em.. there really good to wear vs. compression shorts.

kyrocks03
May 25th, 2016, 08:01 AM
I use a shock doctor cup with compression/slider UA shorts for baseball, and a shock doctor cup for hockey with my bauer cold gear suit.

Drew Alex
May 25th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Shock Doctor. Yeah, I've seen those. Never had one, though. Do the slider shorts do a good job of keeping the cup in place by themselves without a jock?

Just JT
May 25th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Don't play ball, but why not just compression shorts?

Drew Alex
May 25th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Because the very thought of a baseball hit to the nuts without a cup is not a pleasant one.

Bull
May 25th, 2016, 02:13 PM
For baseball I always wore Bike with cup. No way would I play ball without a cup! Even with you get some pain so can only guess at the pain without one! and I sure as hell don't want to find out!

kyrocks03
May 29th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Shock Doctor. Yeah, I've seen those. Never had one, though. Do the slider shorts do a good job of keeping the cup in place by themselves without a jock?

There's an insert for the cup with mine.

Here's what I have exactly:

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/boys-ua-spacer-slider-w-cup/pid1270043-035

They come with cups but I don't use it.

nekid
June 2nd, 2016, 05:59 PM
I wear a Bike jock with the cup

Daniel4
June 9th, 2016, 09:32 PM
bike jock are the best . don't normally wear the cup style.

Derek951
June 10th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Don't mess around, especially with baseball. It's either wear a cup or stay on the bench. I always liked Bike and wore them when for a long time, now it's Under Armour.

nekid
June 11th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Don't mess around, especially with baseball. It's either wear a cup or stay on the bench. I always liked Bike and wore them when for a long time, now it's Under Armour.

Coach says if we don't have our cup on we can't play or practice

Daniel4
June 13th, 2016, 10:40 PM
after you wear one a while there really not bad without the cup . Regular style are nice and best for gym, running , basketball etc. . If you have to wear the cup be sure to get one you can remove it at least.

wearing a jock is really cheap to.. otherwise boxerbriefs are cool too. what you all prefer for sports?

-Please do not double post. -Emerald Dream

Daniel4
September 24th, 2016, 12:34 PM
definitely good to have one . bike is my favorite.

StoppingTom
September 24th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Please don't bump threads if they are inactive for 2+ months. :locked: