PDA

View Full Version : Bullying; am I a "pussy"?

Microcosm
May 21st, 2016, 07:53 PM
As a note, I'd prefer anyone who responds to this to read the entire thing and refer specifically to things I've said in order to help. Thank you.

There was this one fucking kid in my sixth period all throughout last school year who was just a general piece of shit. He would come up to me in the hallway and grab the water bottle from my bag. Sometimes he would just corner me and push me. Sometimes he'd hold my bag so I couldn't get to class on time. Once I got in the class, he'd sometimes do the same shit. The teacher would sometimes just ignore it. Near the beginning of the year, he would always take my binder and I'd always look like a fucking idiot trying to get it back.

How do you react to that? Do you just tell the teacher like "he stole my crayon"? Or do you sock him in the face, doing legitimately nothing because you're a weak piece of shit? There's no right way to respond other than to just sit there like the physically inferior fellow that you are.

I consider myself very lucky with bullying in that I almost never get bullied. Luckily, social media has put the phenomenon of bullying out into the open in a really public way, which I do honestly believe has helped the cause of putting a stop to it.

He called me a "pussy" sometimes, and I'm starting to think he's right. I can't defend myself or effectively stand up for myself. I consider myself a pretty nice guy, but I'm basically a girl in various physical respects.

The year is now over, and I am done with him(hopefully). He's a ninth grader while I am a tenth grader. If I do get a class with him next year-- which I very well could, as the class we had together was a prerequisite for another class that I am taking next year--what can I do? What advice do you all have for me?

I have decided I want to try and bulk up this Summer such that I at least seem a little more intimidating; that's not necessarily to say that I want everyone to be afraid of me, but I don't want people to just feel free to step on me like a twig.

If you have any advice or relative experiences, I'd like to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Matryoshkasystem
May 21st, 2016, 11:40 PM
Don't be afraid to tell the teacher if you honestly feel like you can't deal with it yourself yet. It may seem like a "weak" move but honestly, it requires more mental and emotional strength to point out something wrong then to just hide it. Also, prevents you from getting in trouble with the school. Bulking up might give you a stronger look, but like you said your a girl in a lot of aspects-not trying to be mean just...need to specify- so certain things will make you a target no matter what you try-since unfortunately society looks down on effeminate guys-. Also, don't let him into your mind...that's the exact thing he wants to do, cause once he is in there only something very drastic will get him out. Also, no you are not a cat-that is what it really means.

Flapjack
May 22nd, 2016, 08:56 AM
As a note, I'd prefer anyone who responds to this to read the entire thing and refer specifically to things I've said in order to help. Thank you.

I am really sorry that you are going through this buddy and so I shall try to help you as much as I can and refer specifically as you have requested:)

There was this one fucking kid in my sixth period all throughout last school year who was just a general piece of shit. He would come up to me in the hallway and grab the water bottle from my bag. Sometimes he would just corner me and push me. Sometimes he'd hold my bag so I couldn't get to class on time. Once I got in the class, he'd sometimes do the same shit. The teacher would sometimes just ignore it. Near the beginning of the year, he would always take my binder and I'd always look like a fucking idiot trying to get it back.
Do you know why he is doing this to you? You have mentioned elsewhere that you are older than his so is he trying to prove himself to his friends by picking on somebody older than him? Also don't look like an idiot trying to get your binder back, if you need it for class appologise to the teacher and carmly explain that a kid has run off with it etc. As for the pushing I'm not sure what you should do tbh, obviously report it after but when it is happening if he is bigger than you or you think he would get violent just put your hands up and make it clear you are the victim. If you are a lot bigger than him and he is unlikely to react violently, just push him away and report to a teacher.

How do you react to that? Do you just tell the teacher like "he stole my crayon"? Or do you sock him in the face, doing legitimately nothing because you're a weak piece of shit? There's no right way to respond other than to just sit there like the physically inferior fellow that you are.
Do not hit him! Report to a teacher that you have a kid in the year below that is really annoying, theres no shame in that buddy! Kids can be annoying. Don't do it in front of people though unless you are pretty confident I can't imagine girls will think its hotXD Tell a teacher at the end of the day or even better if you have a department that deals with discipline or a dept. head responsible for behaviour, tell them.

He called me a "pussy" sometimes, and I'm starting to think he's right. I can't defend myself or effectively stand up for myself. I consider myself a pretty nice guy, but I'm basically a girl in various physical respects.

Don't think of yourself as a pussy, because you are not, you can show you are not afraid by remaining calm and show you're responsible by reporting it.

If anyone is a pussy it is the kid that's annoying you. He picks on the nice guy that won't fight back, maybe to prove himself or because he has personal problems but the point is, he isn't picking on the 7ft boxer.

I have decided I want to try and bulk up this Summer such that I at least seem a little more intimidating; that's not necessarily to say that I want everyone to be afraid of me, but I don't want people to just feel free to step on me like a twig.

I don't think bulking up will help with this particular bully as he knows you won't fight back but might prevent future bullies.:)

For transparency sake, I am a big guy at about 6ft 3 and am pretty big built and have never been bullied but I also go to a very strict school in England. There has been bullying in my school but nothing as bad as what you are going through. In my first month of attending the school I called my friend gay, the teacher heard and I was isolated, the head of year spoke to me and the headmaster and my parents were notified.

I think to combat this problem you must report it to the school, otherwise he will only get worse and worse.

I wish you luck my friend!:)

lemondrop
May 22nd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Don't fight if you can't fight. Report him ,tell the situation ,you can also record what he tells you for evidence. He's just a silly kid who thinks that he's untouchable,when he gets into the convo with school principal everything is going to change ^.^

He just wanna be one of the cool kids through fighting

logan4sho
May 22nd, 2016, 01:24 PM

I consider myself very lucky with bullying in that I almost never get bullied. Luckily, social media has put the phenomenon of bullying out into the open in a really public way, which I do honestly believe has helped the cause of putting a stop to it.

The year is now over, and I am done with him(hopefully). He's a ninth grader while I am a tenth grader. If I do get a class with him next year-- which I very well could, as the class we had together was a prerequisite for another class that I am taking next year--what can I do? What advice do you all have for me?

If you have any advice or relative experiences, I'd like to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Do you have any friends that can walk with you when that ass shows up? That way he has to go through all of you. Bullies don't do that. They pick on people they think they can get away with bullying. They're just like muggers.

Or you could act all insane, like when he gets close yell "DON'T HURT ME (his name)" really loud and slam yourself into lockers like he pushed you really hard. Maybe it'll scare him.

CoolGuy108
May 22nd, 2016, 05:49 PM
I agree with many other replies here. Never be afraid to tell a higher up, be that a parent or teacher, or in the real world, a cop/911. Dont worry about bulking up too much(although it might help with getting dates haha). And honestly, if someone ever calls you a pussy, just use a witty comeback such as "Oh well, you are what you eat I suppose".

I hope ya have a better year!

Drew Alex
May 22nd, 2016, 06:32 PM
He's a fucking asshole. Fighting can get you suspended, anyway, even if he has it coming to him, so that's totally not worth it. Report it. Find friends to walk with you.

Microcosm
May 25th, 2016, 02:51 AM
Drew Alex logan4sho lemondrop TheFlapjack RandomPanda

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm thinking about sending an email to my school counselor about his actions last year. I feel like such a wimp for wanting to do it but I know it's the right thing to do. What do you guys think about this plan?

Just JT
May 25th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Now that this year is over, let it go and enjoy the summer ok? You worked for it and deserve that.
Next year, yeah, I'd email your guidance about him and his antics this past year. Maybe he'll arrange to have the two of you in seperate classes, even request it to. After you report this, they have an responsibility to do something now.

But like others said, bilking up, cool, you'll look better no doubt. But don't get into a fight. Fighting sucks, that I know. I'm still recovering from my last one from I thinkm3 weeks ago. They get you nowhere. Miss school, arrested, locked up, legal issues and court dates. A shit ton of a nightmare. So don't do that

DO walk with your head up, shoulders back, look straight ahead, look confident and walk like yiu own the corridors. Male eye contact with as many people as you can as you walk past them and smile at them with a happy positive confidence, and don't let that down. And yeah you are what you eat or some comment like that, will help,in some way. Walk with friends, don't show any fear or being nervous at all. Bullies can smell your fear, I know this to, I've smelled it before. I'm not proud of that, I'm a different person now.

Just be who you are with solid confidence, with friends, and ignore him, but report him
But if he put his hands on you first, I've been taught to put your hands on him last and finish the interaction. Do not use any more force than is needed to stop him. And walk away. You may still get into trouble, but, if you defend yourself, he will stop. Bullies don't like targets who fight back

Drew Alex
May 25th, 2016, 06:34 AM
What TJreversed said. Good luck and have a great summer.

JordanB777
May 25th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Everyone's sad what I would've said but one more thing. If the teacher ignores the bullying or won't listen when you complain to him/her, don't be afraid to go to the counselors or principal or someone higher than the teacher. You deserve to be able to go to school without getting harassed man. We all do. I know how you feel. I'm bullied constantly. Good luck man.

Stronk Serb
May 25th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Tell the teacher, if it doesn't work, punch him in the face. You might get suspended, but I can say that he will not touch you again. In elementary, some assholes had a tendency to take me down and pull me by the leg in the hallway. One got a boot to the elbow once and the other a boot to the head, the guy I hit in the head tried to choke me sometime later so I stabbed him with scissors, I had to write a "statement" about it. You might get ths shit beaten out of you, but that one beating will prevent further frustrations. if you go down like a champ that one time, they will not mess with you again because they don't like resistance. I have many anecdotes from elementary about this topic. All problems end when you fight fire with fire (read: respond to violence with violence). If you get beaten, but you leave him bruised, or worse, he will not touch you again.

Just JT
May 25th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Tell the teacher, if it doesn't work, punch him in the face. You might get suspended, but I can say that he will not touch you again. In elementary, some assholes had a tendency to take me down and pull me by the leg in the hallway. One got a boot to the elbow once and the other a boot to the head, the guy I hit in the head tried to choke me sometime later so I stabbed him with scissors, I had to write a "statement" about it. You might get ths shit beaten out of you, but that one beating will prevent further frustrations. if you go down like a champ that one time, they will not mess with you again because they don't like resistance. I have many anecdotes from elementary about this topic. All problems end when you fight fire with fire (read: respond to violence with violence). If you get beaten, but you leave him bruised, or worse, he will not touch you again.

That might work in the country you live in, and don't take this the wrong way, but if I used a pair of scissors to stab someone as a means of self defense a ain't someone pushing me around, I'd be the one arrested for attempted murder or assault charges.

Don't think I'd advise the above personally, but every situation is different

Stronk Serb
May 25th, 2016, 09:51 AM
That might work in the country you live in, and don't take this the wrong way, but if I used a pair of scissors to stab someone as a means of self defense a ain't someone pushing me around, I'd be the one arrested for attempted murder or assault charges.

Don't think I'd advise the above personally, but every situation is different

Don't stab the bastard, just punch him in the face for skmething serious, like theft or violent action, rough him up or geat beaten. It will stop. I don't regret stabbing him since there were witnesses of him holding me by the throat and choking me. Also to add to the OP, you are not a pussy, just not violent, those are two different things. A pussy is someone praying on the weak, now that's wrong.

Flapjack
May 25th, 2016, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm thinking about sending an email to my school counselor about his actions last year. I feel like such a wimp for wanting to do it but I know it's the right thing to do. What do you guys think about this plan?

Sounds good buddy:) Make sure you include everything you want to in the email! Good luck buddy:)

CoolGuy108
May 25th, 2016, 01:32 PM

Its a fine plan! If someone punched you and assaulted you; would you feel like a wimp for calling the cops? Most likely not, that person broke the law by assaulting you. They get what they deserve.

They have to realize that actions have consequences. Tell all you want. You should feel powerful that you can get them into trouble like that.

If you want a more personal hit on them, find their parents and tell them personally. For better results, act sad and scared. Good luck

lliam
May 25th, 2016, 02:32 PM
There's no right way to respond ...

right. imo every has to bear this his\hers\theirs own way.

Personnally I had two or three such dudes at every school I attended. But that those guys were stronger than me never impressed me. I kicked'em in the balls or butts, spit them at their faces with words and physically... endured to be beaten etc ...

In the end everytime I've shown them that they really couldn't hurt me at all. And usually they let me alone very quickly. I guess, I was a waste of time to them.

So, this was my very own way to correspond so far. I will not recommend this to others, cause this way is just for people who are willing to endure beatings and those, who totally can ignore to be bullied, except from the physical version.

Microcosm
May 25th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Don't stab the bastard, just punch him in the face for skmething serious, like theft or violent action, rough him up or geat beaten. It will stop. I don't regret stabbing him since there were witnesses of him holding me by the throat and choking me. Also to add to the OP, you are not a pussy, just not violent, those are two different things. A pussy is someone praying on the weak, now that's wrong.

Yeah I'd agree that I do have the right to use violence against him to some degree as it would be self-defense. If someone approaches you in a threatening manner, that's considered assault legally, in which case I am allowed to prepare to defend myself.

The problem is that I have a hard time defending myself. He's a tough guy and I'm just not. I'm sort of a natural pacifist, which most people would refer to as a pussy, but in reality, I see nothing wrong with being a pacifist. I wish everyone were one.

What I'm saying is I can't throw a good punch at someone. I'd look like a fool. I've tried before and it's like my mind can't do it. I'll start and then right before I actually hit them it's like I automatically stop or slow down so much that it won't hurt them at all.

It sucks because I wish I could defend myself and others. It's another reason I want to bulk up because I feel like that could help.

Stronk Serb
May 25th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Yeah I'd agree that I do have the right to use violence against him to some degree as it would be self-defense. If someone approaches you in a threatening manner, that's considered assault legally, in which case I am allowed to prepare to defend myself.

The problem is that I have a hard time defending myself. He's a tough guy and I'm just not. I'm sort of a natural pacifist, which most people would refer to as a pussy, but in reality, I see nothing wrong with being a pacifist. I wish everyone were one.

What I'm saying is I can't throw a good punch at someone. I'd look like a fool. I've tried before and it's like my mind can't do it. I'll start and then right before I actually hit them it's like I automatically stop or slow down so much that it won't hurt them at all.

It sucks because I wish I could defend myself and others. It's another reason I want to bulk up because I feel like that could help.

Well, the way I learned is at martial arts. The instructor said I am to much of a pacifist, I had to hit him in the face or he will hit me, to demonstrate, he threw me on the training mat (nothing serious, it's designed for people to fall on it) he then told me to defend my self and grabbed a training stick. I punched him as hard as I can jn the chin and raised my guard to brace for the stick, but nothing came and he congratulated me. I oassed the most important lesson.

Just JT
May 25th, 2016, 09:15 PM
I've had my fair share of fights, taken a few licks to, I'd never condone violence or fighting
Unless it's your last resort
Shit starts happening, adrenaline is flowing, emotions emoting, just don't know how it will end up

Bulking up is one thing, knowing how to defend yourself is something very different
But maybe taking some martial arts is a very good idea, I'm sure you'll learn some patience in it as well

FuTo
May 25th, 2016, 09:24 PM
I haven't been bullied ever since I was like in elementary school prob cuz I have such great friends but I kinda know how you feel. I remember being bullied in class and being ridiculed in front of the class. My teacher didn't do anything other than giving me a lollipop for being "grown" and not fighting back. My suggestion is surround yourself with friends. True friends who really have your back and won't backstab you. There will be those people who pretend to be a friend and then stab you in the back trust me I've had that happend to me before. Anyways your friends will be the ones you need to look to for help. If you are around your friends I doubt he'll have the balls to confront you much less touch you.

Just JT
May 29th, 2016, 03:30 PM
That actually makes a lot of good sense. I know when I'm in school, don't really get bullied around to much, but I've seen it happen quite a bit. And I've done what I can to help the kid out when I could. Just being there usually prevented something from happening. Not like I was trying to fight anyone's battles or anything but shit, if I could just be somewhere and make it stop why not

So yeah, being larger in numbers helps I'd say

Godsdaughter
October 20th, 2016, 10:43 PM
No, you are definetly not a p****. However, it would be a great idea to stand up for yourself. Bullying is NEVER OK. You deserve to be treated with respect!
I will be praying for you :)

Endeavour
October 21st, 2016, 02:08 AM
Please don't post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: