PDA

View Full Version : Referred for surgery...

Fiction
May 17th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I can't believe how quickly everything has gone downhill right now.

I've been referred to a plastic surgeon for an injury related to self-harm. It's from a while ago, January.

It was actually an accident but needless to say if I hadn't been playing with blades it wouldn't have happened.

I feel so stupid. I never told my parents about the injury so now i'm unsure what to do. I've told everyone else I cut it while drunk and cooking and I could use that but whether my mum would see through it...

I guess she couldn't prove anything.

So yeah, basically I have no feeling or movement in my thumb right now even though the injury is totally healed. I had it glued together at the time ad it seems I may have to have surgery.

God I hate myself.

thatgothgirluknow
May 22nd, 2016, 03:06 PM
im so sorry that you have to through this i hope that everything goes well and you regain movement don't hate yourself make this a reason to stop hurting yourself your mom may figure it out but in the end she only wants whats best for you get the surgery so that you can heal as best as possible and know that your mom will most likely support you lots of love your way good luck

Flapjack
May 22nd, 2016, 03:10 PM
I can't believe how quickly everything has gone downhill right now.

I've been referred to a plastic surgeon for an injury related to self-harm. It's from a while ago, January.

It was actually an accident but needless to say if I hadn't been playing with blades it wouldn't have happened.

I feel so stupid. I never told my parents about the injury so now i'm unsure what to do. I've told everyone else I cut it while drunk and cooking and I could use that but whether my mum would see through it...

I guess she couldn't prove anything.

So yeah, basically I have no feeling or movement in my thumb right now even though the injury is totally healed. I had it glued together at the time ad it seems I may have to have surgery.

God I hate myself.

Please, please be honest!!! Without getting too personal people close to me have commited suicide and I have known several people who have dealt with self harm. I understand you not wanting to tell your friends but please tell your parents!!

I am here for you if you need me buddy:)

Fiction
May 22nd, 2016, 10:14 PM
im so sorry that you have to through this i hope that everything goes well and you regain movement don't hate yourself make this a reason to stop hurting yourself your mom may figure it out but in the end she only wants whats best for you get the surgery so that you can heal as best as possible and know that your mom will most likely support you lots of love your way good luck

It's when I drink I'm not very good at not hurting myself. The rest of the time I'm good at it :/ so I need to stop drinking really.

Please, please be honest!!! Without getting too personal people close to me have commited suicide and I have known several people who have dealt with self harm. I understand you not wanting to tell your friends but please tell your parents!!

I am here for you if you need me buddy:)

I no longer live with my parents and haven't for almost 3 years. I live in a different city and I've been back to them for one weekend since January. Basically my point is I'm largely independent of them and even when I lived with them, my mum never coped well with my mental health issues. She had a breakdown herself needing time off work, antidepressants etc. I'm also scared there would be pressure for me to move back in with them. In the long run these are all things that'll make things worse. I've even had therapists agree with me telling them is not the right thing. It's not as simple as tell them.