PDA

View Full Version : I might get drunk tonight for first time.

Pulp501
May 16th, 2016, 09:56 PM
If not tonight, probably tomorrow, but I've never actually gotten drunk before, I've only drank a little bit a couple times and gotten buzzed. I just have fireball so I'll just be taking shots of that. I want to get as drunk as I can, but how do I test my limits, when do I know if I'm as drunk as I need to be or if I could be more drunk? How much should you take between shots. If I drink the entire bottle is that too much since it's my first time? My friends drink bottles of vodka a night so, but they also drink every weekend.

Stronk Serb
May 17th, 2016, 02:14 AM
First of all, do you want to get drunk? Like stumbling, talking funny and being ready to take on the world? Or do you want to get wasted? Like throwing up, drowning in your own barf, passing out and being generally useless for the night? A lot of people confuse these two terms. I cannot surely say how much you need, but a good start is with beer the whole night. It's easy to swallow and you can drink it like water. Also in my case, the hangover is non-existent. Now if you want something stronger, try Schpritzer, wine with mineral water, or try wine. If you want to be the party alcoholic, try whisky/whiskey. Do not dring vodka because if drank too much, the methanol in it will fuck you up. Whisky/whiskey is etanol which is purer and doesn't put your life at risk from overdrinking. Also under no circhmstances are you to mix drinks. It will get you to the wasted stage, completely skipping the drunk stage. Also never mix anything with beer or wine, that is called concrete here, because you fall on the floor which happens to be concrete. Also some of the guys might be doing what we call the sumbarine, take a shot glass and insert it into beer, do not do it. This is advice drinking wise, so that you don't get wasted and burn your liver. I also suggest you remain mildly drunk, just so you remember how people got wasted. Also girls are more likely to talk to a guy who is not stumbling and mumbling. I tell this to you from oersonal experience because literally what I said here has happened to me in one night.

Pulp501
May 17th, 2016, 11:11 AM
First of all, do you want to get drunk? Like stumbling, talking funny and being ready to take on the world? Or do you want to get wasted? Like throwing up, drowning in your own barf, passing out and being generally useless for the night? A lot of people confuse these two terms.
I wish I read this last night and actually thought about that, I'll tell you what ended up happening. I wanted to just get drunk but then get wasted but I got wasted way too soon. I just drank under the direction of my "friend" but I thin0k she was just trying to get my messed up enough that I would pass out so she could leave. I chugged the bottle of fireball, then did 3 shots, and some more and basically drank the entire bottle. I was pretty messed up, I threw up all over myself and everything and couldn't walk, and have no idea how I got to bed, and this morning I don't have a headache, well maybe a slight one, but I did throw up as I was typing this.

Reise
May 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Do not dring vodka because if drank too much, the methanol in it will fuck you up. Whisky/whiskey is etanol which is purer and doesn't put your life at risk from overdrinking. Also under no circhmstances are you to mix drinks.
Actually it's the Whiskey that is full of methanol. The vodka is one of the closest from pure ethanol.
But only very cheap (usually illegal) booze got a dangerous amount of methanol.

Stronk Serb
May 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I wish I read this last night and actually thought about that, I'll tell you what ended up happening. I wanted to just get drunk but then get wasted but I got wasted way too soon. I just drank under the direction of my "friend" but I thin0k she was just trying to get my messed up enough that I would pass out so she could leave. I chugged the bottle of fireball, then did 3 shots, and some more and basically drank the entire bottle. I was pretty messed up, I threw up all over myself and everything and couldn't walk, and have no idea how I got to bed, and this morning I don't have a headache, well maybe a slight one, but I did throw up as I was typing this.

Actually it's the Whiskey that is full of methanol. The vodka is one of the closest from pure ethanol.

Well, treating methanol poisonings from shitty drinks is done by whiskey here, since here all whiskey brands are relatively pure. The average vodka here is poison. A friend got wasted by shitty vodka (40% alcohol, 10% methanol, 100% death, inflated, but you get the idea) and we took care of it with whiskey and mineral water.

Also to OP:
You might get a physiological limit kick in. For example, when I start curbing the wasted land, I get a gagging reflex. That's while I am drunk. My body made a "soon to be wasted" alarm. Saved me from many unpleasantries.

Fehu
May 20th, 2016, 04:18 PM
If not tonight, probably tomorrow, but I've never actually gotten drunk before, I've only drank a little bit a couple times and gotten buzzed. I just have fireball so I'll just be taking shots of that. I want to get as drunk as I can, but how do I test my limits, when do I know if I'm as drunk as I need to be or if I could be more drunk? How much should you take between shots. If I drink the entire bottle is that too much since it's my first time? My friends drink bottles of vodka a night so, but they also drink every weekend.
Congratulations lol. It sounds like you wanna get messed up, but having never been drunk before, you dont know what your really getting yourself into. There are different types of people on alcohol, and maybe youll really like it, but if youve never been drunk before just remember to sip slow and dont so more that a couple shots at a time, because it takes a while to kick in and being drunk can feel great, but over doing it can be easy especially if you dont know your limits, and you can end up blacking out, getting really dizzy, puking, etc. And just generally feeling bad if you over do it. Good luck though

DerBear
May 26th, 2016, 08:14 PM

The reason you don't have a headache is because you actually threw up while drinking. If you didn't you'd probably feel like the walking dead.

What I'd suggest doing now and going forward is learning to appreciate alcohol as something you can enjoy but don't have to get drunk and wasted. Learn moderation, its good for you. Sure go out and get smashed if you want, but I'd suggest doing that when you're actually of legal age to purchase and drink. Most teenagers don't actually appreciate alcohol and find themselves with problems down the line.

Will Grigg's on Fire
June 4th, 2016, 07:07 PM
All of you mentioning methanol are talking rubbish. Ethanol is pure "drinking" alcohol. Methanol is illegal for human consumption in most places so if the stuff you're drinking has methanol in it stay far, far away because methanol will kill you. Ethanol will just make you feel drunk. Methanol is what they put in perfumes, deodorants etc.

And regarding the question - in future if you're ready to drink go for it just make sure you don't go overboard your first time (too late I guess). Trust me, I have spent many a night vomiting my guts out and it is far from pleasant as I'm sure you now know!

Just know that you won't be so lucky next time - almost no one gets proper hangovers the first few times getting drunk

jamie_n5
June 29th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Well then prepare to get very sick and worship the porcelain god

Glis25
August 3rd, 2016, 07:51 PM
getting drunk just because you want to be drunk is not worth t. While you are drunk you will be throwing up all over yourself and falling and maybe breaking things. then the day after you will most likely be spending your entire day near the toilet unless you want to barf all over the place

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 08:24 PM
Doesn't methanol make you go blind though ?

Periphery
August 3rd, 2016, 10:50 PM
getting drunk just because you want to be drunk is not worth t. While you are drunk you will be throwing up all over yourself and falling and maybe breaking things. then the day after you will most likely be spending your entire day near the toilet unless you want to barf all over the place

There is a difference between drunk and wasted you know. You can be drunk and not throw up. Have you ever gotten drunk?