PDA

View Full Version : Civ 6 Announced!

Porpoise101
May 14th, 2016, 08:17 PM
As a Civilization player, I'm relatively new. I've only played the 5th game but I found it to be pretty fun. Nuclear Gandhi, op Poland, and all of the mods were probably my favorite things about it. The sixth installment was announced and they have a trailer here as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

The trailer doesn't really tell much, except the launch date of 16 October 2016.

However, they did show Gandhi's face maybe hinting at his return. The actual website has more information and a few game screenshots. So I guess that is something too. They also promise more engaging diplomacy which is something to be desired currently. Another important feature is 'districts' where you build buildings on tiles rather than in the city tile. So by the late game, there is a harder challenge.

What do you guys think if you like Civ? Personally I'm going to keep an eye out to see how good it turns out to be.

azure moonstone
May 14th, 2016, 08:19 PM
I saw this yesterday, and I am going to keep looking for more news/screenshots of it. I've been playing Civ5 (and Civ4 before that) for a few years.

Looking forward to seeing the changes. Almost definitely will buy this game.

Mars
May 14th, 2016, 08:19 PM
m-muh Napoleon and Caesar...

Porpoise101
May 14th, 2016, 10:48 PM
m-muh Napoleon and Caesar...
They will probably be in the game. They will definitely have France in the game, and there is no one really fit to represent the French other than Napoleon. I guess Louis XVI could work, but he is less known.

Caesar wasn't even in the game to begin with. It was Augustus, his nephew, who was in Civ 5 at least. That being said Rome is pretty good. It would probably be in the game as well.

In Civ 5 I liked to play Persia, Greece, Netherlands, Arabia, China, and Babylon. I don't know if they will keep Babylon or the Netherlands, but if they don't include the others I'd be a little confused.