PDA

View Full Version : Abs?

CuteDawg10
May 13th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Hey guys! I'm 14 and I really want to get in shape with apparent abs and everything. I can see them a bit if I flex, but not that much. I would really love some advice especially because I feel kind of embarrassed asking my parents to take me to a gym to workout or something. I have kind of an average body with a bit of plump on it.

Thanks for alll advice and suggestions!

Xiao.Z
May 13th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Gym good for get fit do not embarrass to ask. If can not gym do pushup and situp and find place for pullup. Run good cardio. Want abs do situp or better do crunch. Also find sport for enjoy of exercise.

lemondrop
May 14th, 2016, 06:05 PM
I would say that you should wait till you're 15yo and then go str8 to the gym , if u want to have abs u must cut on sugar and etc. They're made in the kitchen

dbfordateam
May 14th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Bro I disagree and agree with lemondrop , I disagree on the gym part... Go into the gym now man dont wait, seize this moment to grow your muscles. I agree that abs are made in the kitchen, be smart about your diet.

lemondrop
May 16th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Bro I disagree and agree with lemondrop , I disagree on the gym part... Go into the gym now man dont wait, seize this moment to grow your muscles. I agree that abs are made in the kitchen, be smart about your diet.

i don't really think he can build a lot of muscle when he's 14 yo.. 15-16 is the best age , also the whole understanding is different. If you train really hard for whole year when you're 17 or so there's a big chance that you would outperform those who trained for 2 years, this means that you have a possibility to build solid 10kg of muscle in the 1st training year ^.^ anyway big factor is genetics

kyrocks03
May 17th, 2016, 07:00 AM
I'm 13 and my abs show so it's not necessarily true that you have to be 15 or 16 to have them. My brother is 16 and he has them and works on them constantly and says the biggest thing is diet, hydration, and exercise, along with doing crunches and stuff. Personally, I don't do crunches much, but I'm super active and I eat well.

lemondrop
May 17th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I'm 13 and my abs show so it's not necessarily true that you have to be 15 or 16 to have them. My brother is 16 and he has them and works on them constantly and says the biggest thing is diet, hydration, and exercise, along with doing crunches and stuff. Personally, I don't do crunches much, but I'm super active and I eat well.

abs exercises is to strengthen them ,they don't give you much also it's a myth that doing abs exercises you'll loooooooseee some fat - that's right on your stomach. Everyone can have abs they're just hidden under the layer of fat. The most important thing is diet. And you get no benefits from simple abs exercises especially body weight crunches. Also you can either have 4 pack,6 pack and even 8 pack ,but this depends on genetics - everyone is different ;)

Nicm15
May 17th, 2016, 03:01 PM
abs exercises is to strengthen them ,they don't give you much also it's a myth that doing abs exercises you'll loooooooseee some fat - that's right on your stomach. Everyone can have abs they're just hidden under the layer of fat. The most important thing is diet. And you get no benefits from simple abs exercises especially body weight crunches. Also you can either have 4 pack,6 pack and even 8 pack ,but this depends on genetics - everyone is different ;)

this is true ^ you will still have to work on them to keep as they are magic and they wont just stay

lemondrop
May 17th, 2016, 03:05 PM
this is true ^ you will still have to work on them to keep as they are magic and they wont just stay

They'll stay :) muscle can't dissapear(bigger amount can) ^.^ i don't trainn them so often but i hit em indirectly wito other exercises

kyrocks03
May 17th, 2016, 03:14 PM

My coach for baseball says that hydration is really important for them to show too. If you are dehydrated and your body keeps water on board, they won't show as much? Or something like that ...

lemondrop
May 17th, 2016, 03:22 PM
My coach for baseball says that hydration is really important for them to show too. If you are dehydrated and your body keeps water on board, they won't show as much? Or something like that ...

Hmm.. Depends.. My coach never drinks water before comps he wants to look as lean as possible - seperations between abs and etc. just drink a around 4liters a day and you'll be fine, mostly it depends on the body fat

P.S. Maybe 4 is toooo much for you haha

kyrocks03
May 17th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Hmm.. Depends.. My coach never drinks water before comps he wants to look as lean as possible - seperations between abs and etc. just drink a around 4liters a day and you'll be fine, mostly it depends on the body fat

P.S. Maybe 4 is toooo much for you haha

during tournaments I drink at least that much water! Normally like 2 liters though.

lemondrop
May 17th, 2016, 03:40 PM
during tournaments I drink at least that much water! Normally like 2 liters though.

My friend used to drink 5-6 liters so he told me that it starts to hurt his kidneys :D

kyrocks03
May 17th, 2016, 03:48 PM
My friend used to drink 5-6 liters so he told me that it starts to hurt his kidneys :D

No time for hurt kidneys! And your quote at the bottom of your posts is amazing! Just saying!

dbfordateam
May 17th, 2016, 11:23 PM
i don't really think he can build a lot of muscle when he's 14 yo.. 15-16 is the best age , also the whole understanding is different. If you train really hard for whole year when you're 17 or so there's a big chance that you would outperform those who trained for 2 years, this means that you have a possibility to build solid 10kg of muscle in the 1st training year ^.^ anyway big factor is genetics

Ah okay now I see where you are coming from.

Egyswag
August 28th, 2017, 05:03 PM
I just play sports and I got my 6 pack at the age of 10

Mars
August 28th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Please don't bump threads that have been inactive for two or more months :locked: