PDA

View Full Version : My Grandmother

Bmble_B
May 13th, 2016, 04:29 PM
My Grandmother is getting old, it's an inevitability of life. Her actions don't even imply anything serious, I just want to find some way to help before it GETS serious. Anyway how do you help an aging person with their memory? I don't want her to end up with a mental disease and for her to live happily.

eric2001
May 13th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I don't think there is anything to do here. Just talk to her a lot and remind her about things.

jssixna
May 15th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Always talk and have conversations. you'll build a stronger relationship with her and keep her mind from lagging. I wish I could spend time with my grandmother, unfortunately she lives in another country so you ought to be lucky good luck!

NZPerson
May 15th, 2016, 03:41 AM
So if their memory is deteriorating you want to make sure she expresses her wishes for treatment wise like if she wants to be resuscitated etc, if she dosnt do this now and her memory and mind is impared that decision will go to the next of kin and it puts lots for stress on them and often isnt the best outcome so i suggest that happens. Otherwise enjoy the time you have. Maybe for you ot would be good to mentally prepare yourself for the inevitable because if you know its a realistic thing the greiving process will be easier and you can support your family more

Remora
May 15th, 2016, 04:00 AM
If her memory is already disappearing as we speak, you'll just do good by staying with her, providing her company and having a laugh- making sure she goes happily (if that event is nearby). As Camo114 said, you may also want to have her write down what she wants to happen with her body and if she wants to be resuscitated now because it'll become very stressful on her or she might not be able to express herself at all when the time is there. Again, as Camo114 said, be ready to say goodbye if you need to.

Body odah Man
May 16th, 2016, 12:35 PM
I agree with Jem and Camo114