PDA

View Full Version : I'm so lost right now..

Jackr117
May 10th, 2016, 06:02 PM
So I've posted on this website and it's a fantastic place for many things and for that I thank every single person who helps other on here.

I've posted my stories on this thread, among others and people have helped but recently things have took a turn for the worst. I know it's not the specific thread but I have many issues I want to talk about here. So one thing I love doing is helping those in need, especially online, I've met some great people online, some I consider my greatest friends I've ever met. Back to my point of helping those in need, some have depression and are in a very bad way, I spend hours in Skype calls talking to them and helping them with coping and with their self harm.. And that's why I'm posting. I'm very depressed, I believe I may be bipolar and I'm visiting the doctors to see what they can diagnose if anything, I've been sad for 5 years or so but over the past few years it's become really bad. So bad that I've now started self harming.. I'm not proud of it, I never thought I would get to this point :( I don't want to do it but my head is telling me to do it.

I'm just lost, I'm happy then I'm really sad, it usually happens with a trigger like.. I'm very lonely and I spend a lot of times inside. When I see my friends doing things with family, bfs/gfs etc.. It sets me off and my whole mood changes, I'm just looking for some advice right now.

Should I see a therapist? Should I mention this all to the doctor? Will things like anti-depressants work?

Also I forgot to add in that over the past few years I've had suicidal tendencies, I've never attempted because like I said, it's my head saying it but my heart says different.

I'm just a 18 year old mess needed some advice

Thank you so much for reading, I know you probably hear this a thousand times but I really just need like a big brother to just put is arm around me and help me along.

I've got so many other things i haven't mentioned :( thanks for reading

johnnyL98
May 10th, 2016, 06:25 PM
I have never been depressed or anything close, but it is a good idea to see a therapist. One of my friends was depressed and just talking about his problems really got him out of that depression. I also believe that you should definitely mention all that to your doctor so they know whats going on and can connect you to someone who can help. In my opinion, I would take anti-depressants as a last resort. They have a lot of side effects and can change who you are physically and mentally.

Fiction
May 11th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Hi Jack,

First of all you sound like a really lovely person who genuinely cares for other people, and you should be proud of yourself for that.

No one every thinks they'll get to this point, I know I never did. I think you should tell your doctor all about this. You have nothing to lose in doing so and you obviously feel you need the help. There's absolutely no shame in asking for help. In fact it takes an awful lot of courage to do.

As for therapy vs antidepressants, what you'll get offered will unfortunately depend a lot on the doctor you see, and they will be better at advising you than anyone on here will be.

I've tried therapy before and not found it to be helpful in the long term, but it has helped me to contain my symptoms in the short term. I've heard mixed things about anti-depressants, i'm going to see my psychiatrist tomorrow about starting them myself.

I'm the wrong gender for an older brother... but you can always message me if you want. I know how hard this is.

Jackr117
May 11th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Thanks you guys, I'm arranging to see my doctor soon and hopefully I'll get better.

Fiction
May 12th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Thanks you guys, I'm arranging to see my doctor soon and hopefully I'll get better.

Good luck, just try and be as honest about how you're feeling as you can.

Xiao.Z
May 12th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Very kind help other. Hope you find way out of depress and self harm. I not know any thing else say for help. Just hope can feel better.

llamabanana
May 19th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I've been sad for two years, but I've got nothing to say. Eventhough, I think that everybody got problems and feel lonely at times, and yes you should see someone with experience that gets you. I know the happy feeling you get from helping people (I once helped an old lady get off and buss, and also, helped other older lady press the buss button- not very sociable lol) maybe you can do some volunteer work that helps people (if it helps you feel better)
Just so you know you helped me right now,and would help others who reads your story. Thank you.