PDA

View Full Version : I have a weird body

Omniscient
May 10th, 2016, 03:03 PM
My body is weird in the sense that it has certain things that puts me at a disadvantage of sorts. The first thing is that my bones are super dense, making it impossible for me to do a dead float (the thing where you have to float on your back without getting help from your arms or legs). And the next thing is that my body tends to be at a higher temperature while resting than it's supposed to. My usual resting body temperature tends to be around 99-100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Does anyone else have weird things about their body like this? I always feel like I'm pretty much the only one who can't float when I take a swim test and it's always embarrassing that I break a sweat after walking for like 10 minutes.

johnnyL98
May 10th, 2016, 06:44 PM
I sweat a lot too even when i'm not working out or exercising my body starts to sweat (especially in my armpits and my butt). I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me that much either and people don't really realize that i sweat that much because I wear dark colored clothes, but i do smell sometimes. As for the swimming, try relaxing your muscles and pay attention to your breathing. I had that problem before and I just took deeper breaths and relaxed myself. Have someone hold your back while youre trying to float and when you feel comfortable enough have them move their hands slowly (that's what my dad did to help me)

StoppingTom
May 11th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Denser than normal bones is an actual medical occurence, it's kind of unlucky, but you can't exactly hollow out your bones. I'm curious though, do you have a past history in sports such as gymnastics, martial arts, etc?

Omniscient
May 11th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Denser than normal bones is an actual medical occurence, it's kind of unlucky, but you can't exactly hollow out your bones. I'm curious though, do you have a past history in sports such as gymnastics, martial arts, etc?

Nope. I mean, I tried out sports like football, baseball, and basketball, but I never played it competitively.

Xiao.Z
May 13th, 2016, 10:42 PM
...it's always embarrassing that I break a sweat after walking for like 10 minutes.

Sweat from exert or just because boy and boy sweat much?

Omniscient
May 14th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Sweat from exert or just because boy and boy sweat much?

Sweat from exertion and just walking half the time.

Xiao.Z
May 15th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Sweat from exertion and just walking half the time.

Sound like need more exercise for become physical fit.

Omniscient
May 15th, 2016, 02:09 AM
Sound like need more exercise for become physical fit.

Well yeah, I could've told you that. It's just really unmotivating to go for a few minutes and be soaked in sweat.

Remora
May 15th, 2016, 04:14 AM
I've ran (pun not intended) into the sweating problem, too. I'm not chubby or skinny and i'm somewhat broad, but i'm never ever cold (seriously, i can't explain why) and usually rather hot and uncomfortable. it also means i turn into a fountain of sweat whenever i'm doing any kind of physical activity (and when i, say, play badminton, i play badminton hard.

yeah.... there's not really a way to help you with the dense bone problem. The breathing advice given by johnny might help, but that's all i can think of. Think on the bright side: they're probably a bit more sturdy! :p

YouTube
May 15th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Sweating is definitely an issue for me. It is ridiculous. No matter what brand of anti-perspirant, I immediately sweat right through. I can be in a 69 room with goosebumps and still drip sweat all while being stationary. I have to wear two shirts sometimes because I don't want to ruin my favorite tees haha. As for activity level I run a lot and sweat a whole lot more then too.

Omniscient
May 15th, 2016, 11:11 PM
I've ran (pun not intended) into the sweating problem, too. I'm not chubby or skinny and i'm somewhat broad, but i'm never ever cold (seriously, i can't explain why) and usually rather hot and uncomfortable. it also means i turn into a fountain of sweat whenever i'm doing any kind of physical activity (and when i, say, play badminton, i play badminton hard.

yeah.... there's not really a way to help you with the dense bone problem. The breathing advice given by johnny might help, but that's all i can think of. Think on the bright side: they're probably a bit more sturdy! :p

I'm the same with the never being cold part. It has to be like near freezing for me to start being cold.

Sweating is definitely an issue for me. It is ridiculous. No matter what brand of anti-perspirant, I immediately sweat right through. I can be in a 69 room with goosebumps and still drip sweat all while being stationary. I have to wear two shirts sometimes because I don't want to ruin my favorite tees haha. As for activity level I run a lot and sweat a whole lot more then too.

I know the feeling. I can be sitting here all still and start sweating a fountain out from my pits.

Xiao.Z
May 16th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Well yeah, I could've told you that. It's just really unmotivating to go for a few minutes and be soaked in sweat.

Sweat is price must pay. Good luck. :)