PDA

View Full Version : Physicals at minute clinics

okonite
May 6th, 2016, 02:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with getting check ups or physical exams for school/sports at those pharmacy department stores? What did they do? Did you have to undress at all? Was it a legit exam?

ClaraWho
May 6th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Is this an insurance thing? My siblings and I have played in school sports teams most of highschool and have never been asked for a physical, we're UK based though.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am curious as to if it is a requirement?

~ Clara

Kelsey1031
May 7th, 2016, 07:35 AM
My school requires us to provide paperwork that we had a physical done by a Dr to be able to play sports. I didnt know that Minute Clinics did them. I also didnt think that there were Drs at these places just Nurse Practitioners.

Cangirl
May 7th, 2016, 09:20 AM
We have to get a physical from our doctor to before we're allowed to play sports. I don't know what those clinics are like but it sounds like a walk in clinic. I guess you could get a physical there if you didnt have a family doctor. It's probably just like a little physical so checking your heart and blood pressure. You might have to take your shirt off but I don't think you'd have to take your bra off or panties like a gyno check up.

Doro15
May 7th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I think her/his checks your blood pressure, glucose, heart and lungs. Perhaps even the spine and knees.
You have determined in underwear in front of the physician be but there is certainly nothing that the doctor has not already seen.