PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone take certain drugs to help anxiety and other disorders?

john_sartre
May 5th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I was just wondering if anyone self medicates like I do. I'm not talking about hard drugs either, I use marijuana and valium to help with my anxiety and insomnia. Anyone else like this?

Lost in the Echo
May 6th, 2016, 12:27 AM
I used to take Zoloft for depression and anxiety back when I was 11/12, but had to get off of it because it caused pretty bad mood swings.
I have considered trying Xanax, but I don't really want to fuck around with pills.
As for "other" drugs I've drank for probably about 5-6 years ( but am taking a break currently ) and have smoked weed for around 4 whenever I've had access to it.
However I don't neccecarily use weed and alcohol for anxiety, though I have under a few certain circumstances.
Fortunately my anxiety has seemed to have gone away a bit over the last couple years, and I get along pretty well in every day life, but the fucked up thing about anxiety is how it comes and goes.
Pills would definitely be a last resort for me though. The experience I had with zoloft was just fucking awful.

phuckphace
May 6th, 2016, 01:20 AM
weed was my go-to insomnia cure until I had to stop, but thankfully it's been a lot less bothersome lately and tossing the kush has saved me fistfuls of cash.

I try to avoid pills unless absolutely necessary.

Fiction
May 7th, 2016, 05:03 AM
I've used alcohol and nicotine for years to try and cope with depressive feelings. I've used other stuff occasionally but not as a habit.

It's not self medication because it's prescribed but I use Zopiclone for insomnia now.

Fehu
May 20th, 2016, 04:35 PM
I use weed a lot but i stopped smoking it a couple days ago because ime it can make me feel more calm and relaxed and social but its expensive and doesnt work that well for me. In the past ive tried valium, vyvanse, and opiate pain killers but i only used them a few times each, and while enjoying the buzz just got to thinking about ways to help anxiety without drugs(pm me if you wanna talk about that because i found some really effective ways), and i used it to just get the general feeling so if im feeling down, and i take some vyvanse for example, i remember what its like to be happy/social/chill, its kind of a weird concept but it works great. Also idk if you so those drugs every day or if theyre prescriptions, but ime anyway both of those can help and can be really nice, but they dont work that effectivley. Pm me and i can talk more about it

Cats123
July 26th, 2016, 12:54 AM
My drug is exercise LOL. Exercise always helps my anxiety if I have any, but getting motivated to exercise can be hard. Anxiety medications don't help all that much from what I've heard. Just try and change your state of mind. I used to have an anxiety disorder when I was like 7 to 8, but I out-grew it. If you face your fears, you won't be afraid of anything. Anxiety is difficult, but honestly I think with enough exercise you could cure it lol. Exercise always helps me.