PDA

View Full Version : Barefooting and Surfing

kyrocks03
May 3rd, 2016, 06:32 AM
Any barefooters or surfers here?

I do both. There isn't anything better than the deep blue or hitting a glass calm river or lake for some footin'

If you foot, where do you go?
If you surf, where do you go?

I've surfed in California, Hawaii, and Australia! Australia was WICKED!!! Surfing is the source!

Kyle37
May 17th, 2016, 10:44 AM
I'm a barefooter! Well mildly. I love being barefoot but not being able to really go into any establishments is a huge deterrent.

kyrocks03
May 17th, 2016, 03:17 PM
I'm a barefooter! Well mildly. I love being barefoot but not being able to really go into any establishments is a huge deterrent.

lol ... I mean barefoot water skiing! If I'm walking around I wear flip flops or sandals.

Here is a video of probably the greatest barefoot skier of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DX7vMGBQU

Kyle37
May 18th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Gosh... Be more specific! I watched the video though :)

sweettayla
May 28th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Any barefooters or surfers here?

I do both. There isn't anything better than the deep blue or hitting a glass calm river or lake for some footin'

If you foot, where do you go?
If you surf, where do you go?

I've surfed in California, Hawaii, and Australia! Australia was WICKED!!! Surfing is the source!
Yep, nothin' like it about 7am on a dead flat lake, my dad wouldn't let me go first till l could start first try though. lf you got Google Earth l can point out where we go.

kyrocks03
May 28th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Yep, nothin' like it about 7am on a dead flat lake, my dad wouldn't let me go first till l could start first try though. lf you got Google Earth l can point out where we go.

How long you been at it for? I'm not all that good, but I have fun with it. There are some amazing kids my age that do it though, one of them broke a bunch of records and is competing at the open pro level in 3 event tournaments. It's pretty awesome to see.

sweettayla
May 28th, 2016, 10:35 AM
How long you been at it for? I'm not all that good, but I have fun with it. There are some amazing kids my age that do it though, one of them broke a bunch of records and is competing at the open pro level in 3 event tournaments. It's pretty awesome to see.

I learnt to ski when l was about 6 or 7, we have a training bar on our boat so l started learning on that at around the same age. l was probably around 12 or 13 when l could confidently start off a kneeboard, l'm not strong enough to hang on to do a deepwater start though.
There are concrete blocks to anchor buoys for a slalom course on my local lake, the course was laid out back in the 1960s during a drought and the lake dried out completely but the people that did it have either passed on or moved away over the years and no one has really tried to find it since but my dad recons if he could find one block the rest would be pretty easy to find.

Harrier
May 28th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Haven't surfed much. Have tried to do some barefooting ... not really for me tho ... not patient enough

kyrocks03
May 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Haven't surfed much. Have tried to do some barefooting ... not really for me tho ... not patient enough

Hey, footin' is the source man! I swear to God! Once you get up on your barefeet you'll be hooked!

There's a lot of rule of thumbs when you first start out, they call it the rule of 90 degrees

knees bent 90 degrees.
hip bent 90 degrees.
arms at 90 degrees from body.

there's a formula for speed too.

I've been at it since I was 9 and do deep water starts, and have just started to learn inverted jumping. I've been working on my tricks a lot lately too. Problem here is that the river we use isn't very long nor wide and a lot of it is marsh and not very deep. We set up a jump in it though, so at least it is deep enough for that.

Dyri_14
June 23rd, 2016, 10:15 AM
i surfing and skateboarding..