PDA

View Full Version : Dire Straits

PinkFloyd
May 2nd, 2016, 09:59 AM
Is anyone else a fan of them? Their vocals and instrumental talent are just out of this world in my opinion and Dire Straits is what got me into classic rock at the age of 7 or 8 when I heard "Money for Nothing" on the car ride home from a ski hill. Since then, I've fallen in love with songs like Walk of Life, So Far Away, Brothers in Arms, and of course Sultans of Swing.

Reise
May 2nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Dire Straits Master Race.

Trumpetplayer
May 2nd, 2016, 10:13 PM
To this day, Sultans of Swing, with the Not quite southern rock but not quite pop rock genre, has always represented my taste in music... sharing characteristics.

PinkFloyd
May 2nd, 2016, 10:57 PM
To this day, Sultans of Swing, with the Not quite southern rock but not quite pop rock genre, has always represented my taste in music... sharing characteristics.

I've never really been able to describe Sultans of Swing. I can describe Free Bird as southern rock; Enter Sandman as Heavy Metal, Heart Shaped Box as grunge; and so on. But yeah, I've never been able to put my finger on Sultans of Swing. The guitar work is amazing and the lyrics flow in just the right way. You're definitely right about it not being pop rock or southern rock, but somewhere in between.

SevenRhye
May 4th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Damn man, their "Brothers in Arms" album is killer! Perfect to chill on sunny days, especially the second part of album! Of course I love Money For Nothing with that killing guitar riff!

azure moonstone
May 4th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I like them well enough. They have a few good songs, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them specifically.

Professional Russian
May 5th, 2016, 05:23 AM
You know money for nothing was written about motley crue? Anyways yeah dire straits is great and money for nothing is by far my favorite of them all...just pisses me off that they have to censor faggot out of it on the radio..

Lukas1999
May 5th, 2016, 12:50 PM
I like them too. I love the song 'Money for Nothing'.

The Byrd
May 7th, 2016, 08:34 AM
I've never listened to them but my dad always talks about them. Might give 'em a go later.

everlong
May 7th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I don't like them. I tried to get into them but I couldn't.

ImCoolBeans
May 11th, 2016, 09:18 AM
I'm not a huge fan or anything but I like Dire Straits. They don't usually make it into the mic but if I hear a song I won't change it or think badly of it. Sultans of Swing is a classic.