PDA

View Full Version : How do you become happy if you're not 99th percentile in everything?

Syzygy
May 1st, 2016, 08:01 PM
How am I supposed to live and feel good when there's millions of people around outclassing me in everything

Fiction
May 1st, 2016, 08:26 PM
"whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important you do it because nobody else will." - Ghandi

So just because you're not the best at something, or anything (neither am I, neither are 99% of people in the world), it doesn't mean you are worthless or that what you do is worthless. You will be making a difference to people's life that wouldn't happen otherwise. You have power to change and effect this world, or someone's life regardless of whether you're the best at something or not, and I think that is more important for happiness.

Being the best won't make you happy.

llamabanana
May 19th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I feel the same way! (there are more people who feel like you everywhere)
Also, did you know that in books most typical heroies don't think they are worth something but in the end they save the world with their overpowered superpower? . I think you do. (lol)
you should not be hard on yourself (which is difficult to achieve, I know it myself) you should not feel like you should be "punished" for who you are.

A good advice my psychologist told when I said I'm sad,I'm not perfect like everyone else in art, piano etc.
she said to "enjoy the process of failing"
enjoy learning your part in music
enjoy learning art techniques
decide "right now I'm doing something UGLY! and I'm going to be HAPPY ABOUT IT!
I think to just embrace the "I. don't.care." attitude, is best.
Right now what works for me is trying to focuse on "what" I like about this specific "topic" that makes me care so much about it, something the makes the sadness/criticsm go away

(this is very long because I spent alot of time in my life thinking about it)
Hope it help XD