PDA

View Full Version : AP Classes

Microcosm
May 1st, 2016, 05:36 PM
Next year, I have decided to take 4 AP classes. I was considering taking five, but I'm not so sure I should.

Has anyone here ever done something like this? I know it's common among some people. If you've done it before, I'd like to know if you had any time to do anything outside of school, how much homework you had, whether you'd recommend doing it, and any other advice you can give me.

Here are the AP courses I am taking:
-Statistics
-Chemistry
-U.S. History
-Language & Composition

Then the other one I was considering taking alongside these was AP Computer Science.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice on AP classes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Just JT
May 30th, 2016, 10:36 AM
I'm probably taking CP courses in my highs school. (College prep). I'm told ther are kinda like AP classes. They her is ready for college. I might do that because if I don't, I'll be in classes that more support the shop I choose, and ready me for work after high school. But I'll get the same info in the shop as I would in the class, and I won't be ready for college if I go. So I think I'll man up and take the harder classes and be ready car college better.

DriveAlive
May 30th, 2016, 10:38 AM
This year, I took:
AP Lit
AP Bio
AP Physics C
AP Calc BC
AP Spanish

I did not have a problem managing all of the classes. You will be fine.

Croconaw
May 30th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I took AP Lunch and AP Study Hall.

In all seriousness, I'm not allowed to take any because this one teacher said it wouldn't be a good idea. She probably thinks I'm stupid. WTF.

I graduated anyway, but I wish I could have taken AP classes. :(