PDA

View Full Version : I feel Empty

BrandonB1516
April 30th, 2016, 10:39 PM
I go to school and have a couple friends, go home and go in my room and talk with them on Skype and I will watch YouTube and maybe play video games. I occasionally will go to a friend's house or the movies but I feel like I am missing something. I feel like I am wasting my life away. I am socially awkward so socializing cam be hard but I want it badly. I want to not feel empty and I'm not sure how to. I want to have a more exciting life. I want to go out with people and do shit. I want a girlfriend. I want to expirence the world, how do I do it?

Helppls
May 1st, 2016, 03:20 PM
Trying to participate in more stuff could get you on the right path, now with "i want to do shit" i think you either mean go out and have fun with friends, or go out and party with friends.

whichever one it is, by participating in more stuff with other people you will get the opportunitys to do these stuff, depending on the people you hang around with.

Now participating on new things could be for example one of your other friends is meeting another friend of his/hers that isn't your friend, if you feel comfortable enough you could ask your friend to hangout with them and through your friend you will meet someone new, mabe this person becomes your friend and you get more opportunitys to meet more people.

The key for your problem is meeting and connecting with more people, now i would advice you not to get too attached to them, as alot of people are bad m'kay. But hanging around with people without being attached to them can be fun, not talking about drugs or anything just saying that some people are assholes, but also fun to hang aroun with.

Wanting a girlfriend, well i can tell you that with time you wiill eventually meet the special one, otherwise your could start going to the gym and build some muscles to get more of them ladies, or in other ways try to attract them more to you. But if that's not what you want then i'll tell you that whomever you are, however you look and however you are, you will meet someone special one day that feels the same way for you.

Microcosm
May 1st, 2016, 03:21 PM
BrandonB1516,

I understand your problem. I think it's important and good that you are realizing and admitting that you have this problem. Many people don't even make it that far. They just let themselves wallow in the pain for most of their lives, letting destructive behaviors like video game addictions and such control them because that's where they find solace.

But you want to change that, and it is definitely possible for you to. If you want friends, I think there is a certain way of acting that you've got to master: imitation, conformity. Many people will say these things are bad and they keep you from being unique. To some degree, that's true. At least it is on a personal level. For instance, if you tried to fit in with others even when you are alone, then you are trying to make your deeper self into the deeper, personal self of another person, and thus you would be robbing yourself of individuality.

However, there's a difference between personal imitation of others and social imitation of others. Conforming with groups of people is key to making friends. Start by observing how others act. Then, try implementing those methods into your own life. This way, people will grow accustomed to you faster.

I started doing this back in about the seventh or eighth grade and I have many friends and acquaintances now. I've become more comfortable talking to others as they have become more comfortable talking to me.

I hope this helps you. Best of luck!