PDA

View Full Version : Soft Bricked My LG L39C - Please Help :P

RavenGod
April 30th, 2016, 07:33 PM
:what:Alright, so here is what happened. I tried rooting my LG L39C with Root Master (app) and it seemed to root fine, but when I used build.prop tweaker to apply the liquid smooth UI tweaks and rebooted it, it displayed the LG logo then began bootlooping on the TracFone boot animation. I tried searching for the drivers for that model but no dice. The bootloader is locked (damn lg products) which means I can't clear the Dalvik Cache/Cache, only factory reset it which does not solve the issue. ADB doesn't recognize it when I plug it into my pc, and it doesn't seem to have a download mode (or it does and I just haven't found the key combo yet.) It's not super important since I got it from a friend, but it would be nice to get it working again, if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sent from my Nintendo 3DS

Also, if this is in the wrong place (shouldn't be but just making sure) then please move it if you choose to, moderators.

jdhud024
April 30th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Alright, lets see what I can do. First, when I soft bricked my Galaxy S4, there was some Samsung software that would basically wipe/ repartition the phone and reinstall the latest OS on it. Now, I don't know about much of LG's software (other than the Flash Tool), because my LG G3 on Verizon has always had an unlocked boot loader and I have never soft bricked it as its kind of impossible on this phone (TWRP recovery is always able to be booted into no matter how bad you fuck the phone up, I've found). I run either LG stock-based rooted ROMs, or CyanogenMod 13 at any given time. When I do decide to flash my G3 back to stock, I used the LG Flash Tool from a post on the XDA forums that had all the software I needed to flash back to stock. Now, I don't know if that would work for your phone, as I have never used an LG L39C, but as long as you can boot into download mode, your phone is able to be saved. I would go to http://forum.xda-developers.com and look there for your phone. There may be posts there about it, but if not, you can ask there, as you're more likely to get a helpful answer there.

That is about all I can do. It's surprising that the boot loader is locked. Verizon and AT&T are usually the most notorious for locking boot loaders on phones, Samsung Galaxy S4's are perfect examples. But my Verizon LG G3 has an unlocked boot loader and I have never soft bricked it once, even though I have fucked it up enough times where it should have. And LG G4's I've heard too have their boot loaders unlocked like my G3; its surprising that your LG phone doesn't have an unlocked boot loader. In the future though, I would look up specific instructions on the internet for your phone as apps on the Play store that are meant for rooting phones don't always work, and you'll end up like you are now. I usually root my phones using a Windows PC and ADB, as it is more reliable IMO.

Anyway, good luck, if you need any more help, I'll try to respond quickly!

Oh yeah, there are some really good developers on XDA, so you should be able to find a solution there.

Murk.T.M
May 28th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Turn the power off. Then Press and hold the Power/Lock Key + Volume Down Key . When the Factory Hard Reset welcome screen appears, release all of the keys, use the vol down to highlight factory reset, then press the power key to select. This should work for you, I've done it with My phone a few times. Pm me I can help :)