PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles

kyd13
April 30th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Who is your favorite Beatle? John, Paul, George, or Ringo? Also what is your favorite Beatles song?

My answers are: Paul and Twist and Shout

Periphery
April 30th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I barely know any of their songs but all I have to say is this.

The Beatles were just a boysband just like One Direction is now.

Trumpetplayer
May 1st, 2016, 11:42 AM
Paul and A Day in the Life

Abyssal Echo
May 1st, 2016, 11:52 AM
George Harrison aka the quiet Beatle
With A Little Help From My Friends

BlackParadePixie
May 1st, 2016, 06:22 PM
lol no, they were MUCH more than that. Especially in their later years.

anyways my answers are...

John and Happiness is a Warm Gun

everlong
May 1st, 2016, 06:30 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the Beatles, but they have a few songs I like. "Here Comes the Sun" is pretty good.

Periphery
May 2nd, 2016, 12:12 AM
lol no, they were MUCH more than that. Especially in their later years.

Nah they kinda were this massive boysband that girls would be all over. I never said they were bad though.

BlackParadePixie
May 2nd, 2016, 05:26 AM
Nah they kinda were this massive boysband that girls would be all over. I never said they were bad though.
in their early days...yes, they were defineitly more poppy than in their later years...but they still wrote nearly all of their songs. The boy bands of the 90's and today can't claim the same thing.

PinkFloyd
May 2nd, 2016, 09:56 AM

They were definitely a boy band that girls drooled over (like One Direction today) but there is one key difference. One Direction has little to no musical talent and the Beatles had tons.

My favorite member is John Lennon and my favorite song is Hey Jude

Periphery
May 2nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
They were definitely a boy band that girls drooled over (like One Direction today) but there is one key difference. One Direction has little to no musical talent and the Beatles had tons.

My favorite member is John Lennon and my favorite song is Hey Jude

As I said, they were never bad, just a boyband like 1D

Reise
May 2nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
Their music cruelly lacks of Deathcore and satanism.
But still pretty chill.

Periphery
May 2nd, 2016, 02:29 PM
Their music cruelly lacks of Deathcore and satanism.
But still pretty chill.

I too miss blast beats and demonic growls.

BlackParadePixie 1D is the best band ever and crushes the Beatles by a long shot.

Nah.

azure moonstone
May 2nd, 2016, 02:46 PM
I probably like Paul the best, but only because of his later music tbh.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Beatles, but I give them credit for evolving over the years. I kind of feel the same way about them as I do about Elvis - fans treat them like they are God's gift to music, and I find them both kinda average. I guess I would have to experience it in 1972 or something to have a different opinion.

BlackParadePixie
May 2nd, 2016, 04:43 PM
I too miss blast beats and demonic growls.

BlackParadePixie 1D is the best band ever and crushes the Beatles by a long shot.

Nah.
Sorry, but one direction sucks. You clearly don't know anything about the Beatles if all you're willing to do is call them a boy band.

Microcosm
May 2nd, 2016, 08:18 PM
It's kind of funny that I saw this because I just listened to the Beatles today.

Let it Be is fantastic and Paul McCartney is a fantastic singer. Hey Jude is great as well. I haven't heard a lot of their music so I'm no professional. Those are just the songs that stand out to me.

Babs
May 2nd, 2016, 11:38 PM
They're very overrated, but I like them. It bothers me how some people put them on a pedestal, and jerk themselves off because they're a Beatles fan. don't gotta be like hoooOOOLY SHIT because someone doesn't like them or whatever.

Their earlier stuff doesn't interest me much, but I'll listen to stuff from their psychedelic period on occasion. I guess my favorite is Paul.

Periphery
May 3rd, 2016, 12:23 AM
Sorry, but one direction sucks. You clearly don't know anything about the Beatles if all you're willing to do is call them a boy band.

The fact that you took that serious disturbs me.

xMetalxMachinex
May 6th, 2016, 07:39 PM
The fact that you took that serious disturbs me.

Boi.
-
Close tie between Paul and John. I'll go with Paul I guess.

Sublime Demonz
May 6th, 2016, 07:44 PM
My favorite is Ringo and I love Lady Madonna.

The Byrd
May 7th, 2016, 08:26 AM
In terms of musical ability in The Beatles, Paul. As it regards their post Beatles careers, George Harrison. Loved his work in the Travelling Willburys. Ringo's a swell guy but he's honestly not that talented. I hate Lennon but that's a story for another time.

Can I pick five songs? I'm going to pick five: 'I've Just Seen a Face', 'No Reply', 'Honey Don't', 'Help!', and 'I'm a Loser'. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the 'Beatles For Sale' and 'Help!' albums.

They're very overrated, but I like them. It bothers me how some people put them on a pedestal, and jerk themselves off because they're a Beatles fan. don't gotta be like hoooOOOLY SHIT because someone doesn't like them or whatever.

Their earlier stuff doesn't interest me much, but I'll listen to stuff from their psychedelic period on occasion. I guess my favorite is Paul.

I partially agree with them being overrated. I'm honestly not a big Beatles fan, frankly because I don't like rock music too much but I can appreciate The Beatles' early stuff. I think the reason that they are placed on the pedestal that they are is not because of their actual musical ability, but more so because of how revolution(no pun intended)ary they were. They paved the way for generations of rock music which eventually influenced metal and other genres. They changed the game in American music from more of a folk background to pop/rock.

ImCoolBeans
May 11th, 2016, 09:24 AM
My favorite Beatle is Paul, some of my favorite Beatles songs are She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Helter Skelter, A Day In The Life, Let It Be, Hey Jude, Eleanor Rigby, and I'm Looking Through You. (In no particular order)

I barely know any of their songs but all I have to say is this.

Except they were all incredibly talented musicians and writers, not just pretty faces who sing on TV.

The Byrd
May 11th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Except they were all incredibly talented musicians and writers, not just pretty faces who sing on TV.

Going back to my point, I don't think any of them were particularly great musicians (don't get me wrong, they certainly got the job done), they were just the key element in the advancement of music. When you look at guys that were produced as a result of The Beatles (pretty much every musician) they stand nowhere near them in terms of actual ability. They were just what got the ball rolling in another direction.

Melodic
May 18th, 2016, 09:30 PM
My favorite member is Paul and my favorite song is Help!

The Beatles and One Direction are both talented groups in my opinion but they are completely different styles of music. The Beatles was considered a rock band, where as One Direction is a boyband.

Kyle37
May 18th, 2016, 09:39 PM
John Lennon and In My Life.

Periphery
May 19th, 2016, 10:13 AM
My favorite member is Paul and my favorite song is Help!

The Beatles and One Direction are both talented groups in my opinion but they are completely different styles of music. The Beatles was considered a rock band, where as One Direction is a boyband.

I wouldn't really call 1D that talented but that's just my opinion here.

Lukas1999
May 27th, 2016, 11:33 PM
My favorite beatle is Paul and I like the Song Yellow Submarine a lot.

Pat the Bunny
May 29th, 2016, 09:09 AM
All this apples 'n oranges comparing with the Beatles and One Direction is annoying me. I'd say they're both very talented but in completely different ways. Anyway

O B J E C T I V E L Y C O R R E C T A N S W E R S:

G E O R G E
H A P P I N E S S I S A W A R M G U N

Murk.T.M
May 29th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Ringo Star, 'rock and roll music' and 'fool on the hill'

Katie NYC
June 7th, 2016, 05:56 AM
LOVE The Beatles. George is my favorite. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window is my favorite song.