View Full Version : League of Legends

romes3
April 26th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Has anyone here played League of Legends? and if so, do you have any

suggestions for beginners (specifically not feeding and when to level up

Q,E,W,R?

StoppingTom
April 26th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Leveling path depends on what champion you play as.

If you don't want to feed, I'd suggest playing bot lane with a friend, or just play whatever role you're comfortable with in a pretty passive manner. Also, I found when I started out, that playing Co-Op vs AI games really helps you to understand your champion and what items do. However, AI can get you into bad habits as far as farming and item builds can go.

Periphery
April 27th, 2016, 12:31 AM
I've played it for years and am still terribly stuck at Silver 5. Mainly because I don't play for the rank and just for fun. romes3 skill leveling order depends on the champion you're playing. Giygas premade botlanes aren't always playing good, they are usually the reason I loose.

everlong
April 27th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I've never played it before

Rendez-Vous
May 8th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Played Dota 2 for 2 years, tried LoL a few times and then came back to the Dota...
LoL seems to be easy for me... Anyway, try googling "lol guide *heroname*

Hideous
May 8th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Follow the items in recommended and build them (varies by champion) you can be either offensive (attack damage or ability power) or defensive (armor, magic resist, health/mana regeneration, health). Some items have actives, be sure to use them in team fights or solos.

A typical game involves a jungle role (champions that stay in the jungle and kill jungle monsters for experience in order to start 'ganking' lanes with their buffs). Always use your trinket/wards for map awareness in case any one of those fuckers come to attack you.

Early game around 3:00, minions will spawn. Try to increase your creep score (monster kills) so you can receive gold and experience to level up your skills. If your opponent is too strong and aggressive, step back. You can still attack the minions near your turret (we call that playing 'safe') but don't sit by the turret too long, how are you going to get any kills by doing so? You would, but not much.

I'll add more to this :P

StoppingTom
May 8th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Follow the items in recommended and build them (varies by champion) you can be either offensive (attack damage or ability power) or defensive (armor, magic resist, health/mana regeneration, health). Some items have actives, be sure to use them in team fights or solos.

A typical game involves a jungle role (champions that stay in the jungle and kill jungle monsters for experience in order to start 'ganking' lanes with their buffs). Always use your trinket/wards for map awareness in case any one of those fuckers come to attack you.

Early game around 3:00, minions will spawn. Try to increase your creep score (monster kills) so you can receive gold and experience to level up your skills. If your opponent is too strong and aggressive, step back. You can still attack the minions near your turret (we call that playing 'safe') but don't sit by the turret too long, how are you going to get any kills by doing so? You would, but not much.

I'll add more to this :P

While you are given recommended items to build, it's really important to see what your lane opponent is building, in order to counter it, and see what the other team is building as a whole (i.e AP or AD heavy). If you're a champion that can build tanky and no one else is, you kind of have a duty to be the tank. Pay attention to the unique passives of your items too, don't be the guy building TriForce, Iceborn Gauntlet AND Lich Bane, because they'll do nothing for you.

FuTo
May 17th, 2016, 09:01 PM
My biggest and I think most important tip is to just have fun. LoL can be competitive and there will be times when you get stuck with shitty shitty team mates not becuase they aren't good at the game but because they are rude to those who don't play as well. If you don't know a build for a champion that you are thinking of trying I'd suggest googling said champion build and sites like LoLKing will pop up with builds from pros and high ranking members of the League community. Oh and one last thing don't be one of those people who put Flash on D put it on F :P

weekend
May 24th, 2016, 09:20 AM
go to probuilds (www.probuilds.net) and you can figure out what ability you should put points into. like everyone else said, it's different for every champ. eventually, you'll memorize all that stuff

what champions do you play?

Gazabo
June 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Choose DotA instead

Meron
June 7th, 2016, 11:33 AM
I downloaded it months ago just cause my girl bugged me to do it, we played and all where she used to either kick my ass or teach me lol

I played it less more after we broke up, just simply lost interest in it.

Periphery
June 7th, 2016, 01:03 PM
My biggest and I think most important tip is to just have fun. LoL can be competitive and there will be times when you get stuck with shitty shitty team mates not becuase they aren't good at the game but because they are rude to those who don't play as well. If you don't know a build for a champion that you are thinking of trying I'd suggest googling said champion build and sites like LoLKing will pop up with builds from pros and high ranking members of the League community. Oh and one last thing don't be one of those people who put Flash on D put it on F :P

I have it on d and look at me I'm challenger (totally not silver 4).

Yeah just have fun at the game, like me, don't givr a fuck if you're doing bad. Just ignore your teammates.

FuTo
June 8th, 2016, 11:48 PM
I have it on d and look at me I'm challenger (totally not silver 4).

Yeah just have fun at the game, like me, don't givr a fuck if you're doing bad. Just ignore your teammates.

I just like putting it on F cuz starts with F

Periphery
June 9th, 2016, 12:16 AM
I just like putting it on F cuz starts with F

True but I feel like it's better on D

LucaBaLuca
August 31st, 2016, 04:37 AM
I am only a beginner myself...... My brother used to play it so thought i would give it a try....... Pretty fun, but still learning my way around things

Emerald Dream
August 31st, 2016, 04:41 AM
I am only a beginner myself...... My brother used to play it so thought i would give it a try....... Pretty fun, but still learning my way around things

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: