PDA

View Full Version : Single-gender or mixed-gender education

Endeavour
April 25th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Do you go to a single-gender or mixed gender school and do you like it there? Don't know why but recently I've been thinking about how an all-boy's school would have been like.

devotionnel
April 25th, 2016, 10:48 AM
I go to a mixed school, and there is an all girls school close to us (apart from the sixth form) and I really didn't want to go there. I feel like an all girls school could come with potential advantages and disadvantages, like it breaks down gender stereotypes sure, but a disadvantage is that girls can come at a loss when conversing to people/strangers of the opposite sex.

Mars
April 25th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Mixed gender. Majority of my school is male though which kind of sucks

Jinglebottom
April 25th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Mixed, with a slight female majority. I like it, I would be horrifyingly depressed if I were in an all boys school.

Endeavour
April 25th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Mixed, with a slight female majority. I like it, I would be horrifyingly depressed if I were in an all boys school.

There is a slight female majority in my school as well, something ridiculously small like 52%:48%.

Vermilion
April 25th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Mixed school and mixed college not that there are many girls at my college. I'd hate an all boys school cos one of my best friends is a girl. However kinda be nice just watching guys :whoops:

Andyyy95
April 25th, 2016, 12:50 PM
I went to an all-boys school until Sixth Form where it was mixed gender. If I'm completely honest, I regret going to an all-boys school...

Mattlol
April 25th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I go to a mixed school. It's alright, but an all boys school doesn't sound bad either.

Xiao.Z
April 25th, 2016, 05:14 PM
School I go have boys and girls. Not concern me hate school.

Microcosm
April 25th, 2016, 11:50 PM
I think a poll could be in order for this thread, OP.

I go to a mixed school. I really like it. It simulates the sort of reality kids would live in after school and it's nice to have that balance(not sure if that makes sense haha) between males and females.

Endeavour
April 26th, 2016, 02:08 AM
I think a poll could be in order for this thread, OP.

done :)

Riley2015
April 27th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I go to an all boys

Ragle
April 27th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I go to mixed comprehensive school. And it's ok.

But my aunt sent her children to a all-boys and a all-girls school. She simply tought that her kids wouldn't be such distracted from the other gender during puberty there.

My cousin (she's almost 17) had an abortion last year and my other cousin (he's 15 years old), actually has trouble because he's allegedly dating the daughter of a teacher at his school.

Well, I suppose puberty is unbeatable.

Typhlosion
April 28th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Mixed, never saw (though I never looked for) a sexed school in my city. College/uni isn't sexed, obviously, but there are very few women taking programming classes.

jsands
April 28th, 2016, 01:47 PM
U think mixed just works out better and introduces you to girls at a young age, you'd think just having single-sex schools would adjust behaviour seeing as that's not how the real world works

Steven1198
April 28th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Both girls and boys mean double fun. just imagine how boring it would be to eat the salad if it only have lettuce and nothing else :D

NeuroTiger
April 28th, 2016, 08:08 PM
I used to go to an all-boys school.
Now in college, it's mixed (of course :P ) but with a female majority...which makes me kind of wonder how it would be going to a mixed school.

kyd13
April 30th, 2016, 09:37 AM
I think going to a mixed school helps teach good social/life skills. After you leave school, the world isn't going to be all boys or all girls. You need to be able to communicate with all different kinds of people.

The Byrd
April 30th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I go to a mixed school. I don't think there are any all boys schools around here. I know there used to be an all girls school but that's mixed now. Expect every school to be mixed in a few years because of how society's going. Grouping one set of people together is discrimination now. SMH

mahony0509
April 30th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Mixed definitely. I go to a mixed school, rather than a single school next to my house. Best decision my parents ever made.

Falcons_11
May 19th, 2016, 03:38 PM
My school is mixed genders. It seems that there are more girls there. But then I really don't know exactly. I do have several friends (boys) who go to all boys schools. Those schools are all private. They all tell me that they wish their schools had girls. I think that it is cool going to school with girls. They sort of civilize us.

LRSSS02
May 19th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I go to a co-ed school

Supermeggs12
May 19th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Co-Ed.