PDA

View Full Version : military service

Xiao.Z
April 24th, 2016, 01:09 AM
I sit in room much today and ponder future. One idea occur what about military service? I am US citizen. I am petite of size. I am of good health very athlete. What are US military require? What is best branch? This maybe worthy goal?

Let Me Be a Pony
April 24th, 2016, 07:36 AM
What are US military require? What is best branch? This maybe worthy goal?

Not so sure but I think the US military requires you to pass at least a GED. There is no best branch IMO. It depends on what you're interested in. The higher you score on your GED tests, the higher the chances you'd get accepted into the branch you want to be in.

Mars
April 24th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Like LMBP said, there is no "best branch", it all depends on what you want to do and what you are best at doing. I recommend going on the websites of the Marines, Bavy, Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard to see what best would fit you. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, another thing, I would much rather recommend you not enlisting and trying to join and get a bachelors so you can become an officer. Just an FYI if you do in fact want to join.

Xiao.Z
April 24th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Not so sure but I think the US military requires you to pass at least a GED. There is no best branch IMO. It depends on what you're interested in. The higher you score on your GED tests, the higher the chances you'd get accepted into the branch you want to be in.

I believe I pass. I will graduate high school. Not excellent grade but pass yes. I consider Marine as my adopt father. Marine difficult physical but I can do all require. Father explain physical test men and I have capable these. My worry about height as I not 5 foot tall. Other explian Air Force better to girl but not tell why. I not want easy want challenge I very compete as happen when do gymnastic.

Like LMBP said, there is no "best branch", it all depends on what you want to do and what you are best at doing. I recommend going on the websites of the Marines, Bavy, Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard to see what best would fit you. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, another thing, I would much rather recommend you not enlisting and trying to join and get a bachelors so you can become an officer. Just an FYI if you do in fact want to join.

I 15 few month just after school finish. As I post consider Marine first because adopt father do this. I think of military to belong something very important for country. I know I post many time not fit America and believe maybe military help me belong. I not know of career I want maybe interpreter? I know America military restict how girl serve to keep from fight. Adopt father teach me how use firearm all variety. I good at shoot both pistol and carbine.

I not believe I make grade at college to become officer and not desire wait many year to join. School have ROTC program I may join next year to find I like or not.

Posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button next time. ~ Xander.

Mars
April 25th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I believe I pass. I will graduate high school. Not excellent grade but pass yes. I consider Marine as my adopt father. Marine difficult physical but I can do all require. Father explain physical test men and I have capable these. My worry about height as I not 5 foot tall. Other explian Air Force better to girl but not tell why. I not want easy want challenge I very compete as happen when do gymnastic.

I 15 few month just after school finish. As I post consider Marine first because adopt father do this. I think of military to belong something very important for country. I know I post many time not fit America and believe maybe military help me belong. I not know of career I want maybe interpreter? I know America military restict how girl serve to keep from fight. Adopt father teach me how use firearm all variety. I good at shoot both pistol and carbine.

I not believe I make grade at college to become officer and not desire wait many year to join. School have ROTC program I may join next year to find I like or not.

You still have plenty time to make decisions :) As far as people telling you the Air Force is better with women, I'm pretty sure the Air Force is the branch with the most females and less reported abuse on women (I think). Also, as of January 1st 2016, all combat and special operations roles are open to women. I personally would not recommend at all going into these jobs though.

The Military, regardless of what branch, pays for your education so it would be a waste not to pursue it. Officers also get better pay and more job opportunities. Again, it would be a waste not to pursue it.

But you have time. You're only 14 right now so you've got 4 years to get used to America and see what you want to do.

Xiao.Z
April 25th, 2016, 11:33 AM
This is true of combat position? I not know this. I believe sniper good position me pursue. I excellent proficient for hit target. I understand officer make more pay my adopt father Marine colonel make good pay. I not believe I give order for other good position me.

Just JT
April 25th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure about combat situations for women, might take some research on your end for that. I know some jobs women are exempt from in some branches of the military. But what ever branch you choose, may also depend on the job you want to do, choose or are offered. The best thing you can do is talk with the recruiters, even at you age, but I'm sure your dad will need to be there even to talk to you cause of your age

I know the army has some huge financial Benifits, not sure about the others. Like, if you join the national guard, they will pay for all tuition and fees for college. You'll only need cash for your books. You can do a delayed entry deal where you go to basic training in the summer between junior and senior year of highschool, then do the job training after you graduate. You'll have to do one weekend a month for "drill" and 2 weeks in the summer, it's like a part time job, and yiu get paid for all that time. Also, while in college, aside from them paying for college, and yiu getting paid your drill pay, they also pay you more cash, a few hundred a month, just because your in school. Sounds like a cool gig. I only know this cause my foster dad is in the guard, and he knows this stuff, talks all the time about it.

But yeah, everyone gave good advise, but talk to the recruiter for each branch, they'll give you a shit ton of info. And each branch is a little different, so some may say no, some might say yes if you can join

Good luck, keep us updated ok?

Xiao.Z
April 25th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Thank you advice and encourge. School give ASVAB test for junior and senior. I take test next year and recruiter be at school. I do not know how to visit recruit before next year. I do not think family take to recruit office I keep strict schedule of activity. I not speak family about join do not know if approve decision. Also I maybe too small for join. I use internet to seek join requirement. I hope military approve small girl.

Xiao.Z
April 29th, 2016, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure about combat situations for women, might take some research on your end for that. I know some jobs women are exempt from in some branches of the military. But what ever branch you choose, may also depend on the job you want to do, choose or are offered. The best thing you can do is talk with the recruiters, even at you age, but I'm sure your dad will need to be there even to talk to you cause of your age

I know the army has some huge financial Benifits, not sure about the others. Like, if you join the national guard, they will pay for all tuition and fees for college. You'll only need cash for your books. You can do a delayed entry deal where you go to basic training in the summer between junior and senior year of highschool, then do the job training after you graduate. You'll have to do one weekend a month for "drill" and 2 weeks in the summer, it's like a part time job, and yiu get paid for all that time. Also, while in college, aside from them paying for college, and yiu getting paid your drill pay, they also pay you more cash, a few hundred a month, just because your in school. Sounds like a cool gig. I only know this cause my foster dad is in the guard, and he knows this stuff, talks all the time about it.

But yeah, everyone gave good advise, but talk to the recruiter for each branch, they'll give you a shit ton of info. And each branch is a little different, so some may say no, some might say yes if you can join

Good luck, keep us updated ok?

I speak recruited today when conclude school before gymnastic lesson. They speak with me when family absent. They tell me parent or guardian not require. Recruiter not so nice to begin but became more kind as interview proceed.

So happy! He inform height and weight require and I have height need only 5 more pound weight. I can be sure to add 5 pound muscle in 3.5 year. Also confirm US military open all MOS to girl at begin next year. Yay! I want to try Marine so much. I know I can do all require. I need MOS 0321 (Recon) and follow to scout sniper school. Many test of women conclude women not able to meet require but I already have all PFT abilty many time over. I not only accomplish flex arm hang I do real pull up as many as need. 20 is most count but I do 50 and more only stop when bored. Crunch I do 500 so easy only need 100. I run 3 mile under 20 minute only must be 21 minute for top score.

I read Marine Corp not prefer girl in combat role but this make me want so much more for prove I can capable. Recruiter so skeptic I can fulfill fitness so I demonstrate and he much impress. He bring overweight boy to gym room to watch fitness effort I provide. He challenge boy to do what I do and boy can not do these. He not do 3 pullup or 50 crunch. No run but he become without air doing strength test not cardio.

My question for boy: If you join military can you work with girl in personal way? Is problem? If so what might problem be? I desire so much fit America if you boy will you give girl a chance for prove?

Any girl on this website want to be combat soldier? I desire so much to prove America small Chinese girl can perform all necessary function.

I not speak with adopt mother she never have word for me. I tell adopt father and I believe I see pride in eye.

thatcountrykid
April 29th, 2016, 02:25 AM
From what I've seen in your other post you want to do law enforcement after so I would suggest doing something in the infantry field to learn weapons and tactics.

Just JT
April 29th, 2016, 04:44 AM
I speak recruited today when conclude school before gymnastic lesson. They speak with me when family absent. They tell me parent or guardian not require. Recruiter not so nice to begin but became more kind as interview proceed.

So happy! He inform height and weight require and I have height need only 5 more pound weight. I can be sure to add 5 pound muscle in 3.5 year. Also confirm US military open all MOS to girl at begin next year. Yay! I want to try Marine so much. I know I can do all require. I need MOS 0321 (Recon) and follow to scout sniper school. Many test of women conclude women not able to meet require but I already have all PFT abilty many time over. I not only accomplish flex arm hang I do real pull up as many as need. 20 is most count but I do 50 and more only stop when bored. Crunch I do 500 so easy only need 100. I run 3 mile under 20 minute only must be 21 minute for top score.

I read Marine Corp not prefer girl in combat role but this make me want so much more for prove I can capable. Recruiter so skeptic I can fulfill fitness so I demonstrate and he much impress. He bring overweight boy to gym room to watch fitness effort I provide. He challenge boy to do what I do and boy can not do these. He not do 3 pullup or 50 crunch. No run but he become without air doing strength test not cardio.

My question for boy: If you join military can you work with girl in personal way? Is problem? If so what might problem be? I desire so much fit America if you boy will you give girl a chance for prove?

Any girl on this website want to be combat soldier? I desire so much to prove America small Chinese girl can perform all necessary function.

I not speak with adopt mother she never have word for me. I tell adopt father and I believe I see pride in eye.

Good for you, you should be very proudly of yourself!!
The marines.....their a tough bunch, I wish you luck, seems you know what you want and like, so follow your instincts and desires, and you will be a success.

From what I've seen in your other post you want to do law enforcement after so I would suggest doing something in the infantry field to learn weapons and tactics.

Or military police

thatcountrykid
April 29th, 2016, 10:32 AM
The marines.....their a tough bunch, I wish you luck, seems you know what you want and like, so follow your instincts and desires, and you will be a success.

Or military police

Actually no. Military police doesn't do much. Plus everything you learn there is different from what you need to learn as a local cop. Infantry would help you more because those tactics are universal. MP is specifically military

Xiao.Z
April 29th, 2016, 10:48 AM

Or military police

I believe marine difficult adopt father marine. We workout together in basement gym. He show all fitness marine must accomplish and I do all these without difficult. We run all morning. I no difficult run with father but he older man and he do it 5 mile 30 minute.

I try for recon marine because military police close until age 19. I want go scout sniper school maybe consider tranfer mp after accomplish first goal. Father also inform I may try to embassy duty for visit China. I desire see Beijing again in life. Embassy duty extreme difficult obtain but believe I do this.

Law enforcement good job me as I good follow rule. Also believe maybe military intelligence good choice me. Maybe do civilian intelligence career. I good data analysis so many career opportunity come for me to serve country. I want so much America accept me treat me as I belong. Now I feel America not want me but I prove I worthy for America.

I continue want know how boy react to small girl in military serve. If you boy would accept girl do same job? Please respond this query I so interest this aspect of my choice. Not want have same problem when adult as child.

Boyfreshx
May 1st, 2016, 07:20 PM
I will tell you this, As a member of the Military. Picking a MOS related to recon/scout is very difficult. Especially for a woman. Obviously its not my personal opinion its just the military standards as of now. Not sure if you've been up to date but the Army just recently passed a rule allowing woman to enlist with an 11B(infantry) MOS. On top of that becoming a scout is very tedious and will take a great amount of time. Of course if they allow it and that is what you want to do, go for it. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Also another thing to consider, Joining the Marines will mean after you return from training, you will be stationed somewhere that could be away from home for extended periods of time. Also the chance of deployments(overseas) which usually last 12-15 Months. Is that something you are okay with? If not I would suggest you take a look at some other branches and consider reserve or National Guard. They sometimes offer better benefits depending on where you are located.

To sum it up, take your time and don't jump to any conclusions because of what someone else did. There's a branch for everyone and you should pick the one thats best for you. If you have any other questions feel free to post on my profile

PFC Hall
U.S Army NG

StoppingTom
May 2nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
I think you can meet the physical standards based on your previous posts, but something to consider is that going into recon, you need really good vision, an understanding of ballistic physics (which I'm pretty sure they teach you) and a solid understanding of math in general.

You've got a while though, so just keep preparing, and good luck!!

Xiao.Z
May 9th, 2016, 09:51 AM
I will tell you this, As a member of the Military. Picking a MOS related to recon/scout is very difficult. Especially for a woman. Obviously its not my personal opinion its just the military standards as of now. Not sure if you've been up to date but the Army just recently passed a rule allowing woman to enlist with an 11B(infantry) MOS. On top of that becoming a scout is very tedious and will take a great amount of time. Of course if they allow it and that is what you want to do, go for it. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Also another thing to consider, Joining the Marines will mean after you return from training, you will be stationed somewhere that could be away from home for extended periods of time. Also the chance of deployments(overseas) which usually last 12-15 Months. Is that something you are okay with? If not I would suggest you take a look at some other branches and consider reserve or National Guard. They sometimes offer better benefits depending on where you are located.

To sum it up, take your time and don't jump to any conclusions because of what someone else did. There's a branch for everyone and you should pick the one thats best for you. If you have any other questions feel free to post on my profile

PFC Hall
U.S Army NG

Thank you for information I much appreciate. I expect path be difficult and honest I desire such challenge. I extreme physical fit and familiar pain and work hard. As gymnastic the more difficult move is more reward when master. I know marine not want girl for combat role but have more year until I can enlist.

Thank you of offer discuss more. I will make some consider then write you. My adopt father in military and he not against idea but not offer information to what I seek.

I think you can meet the physical standards based on your previous posts, but something to consider is that going into recon, you need really good vision, an understanding of ballistic physics (which I'm pretty sure they teach you) and a solid understanding of math in general.

You've got a while though, so just keep preparing, and good luck!!

Well you know I asian so must be good at math.... joke. Haha.

Thank you for encourage much appreciate kindness.

Boyfreshx
May 10th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Of course, no problem

logan4sho
May 18th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I sit in room much today and ponder future. One idea occur what about military service? I am US citizen. I am petite of size. I am of good health very athlete. What are US military require? What is best branch? This maybe worthy goal?

They have a minimum weight. You have to take the asvab. If you're under 18 you have to get your parents permission. I want to join the marines or navy.