PDA

View Full Version : Periods and stuff.

Splat
April 23rd, 2016, 02:13 PM
Hey!
I started my period when I just turned 12 (so it's been around for the past 4 and a bit years). I started off with pads but due to being so heavy it constantly felt like I was peeing myself. So after a while I just thought, fuck that. Ill try tampons instead.

As most people, they were crazy irregular - would come every 2 months or so. In fact, it isn't until quite recently that they've become somewhat regular (between 20 - 35 days). However it's not just the timings that are irregular. The weights have also been fucked up. Most of my periods have been soo heavy that I'll get through a super tampon in 1.5 hours for the first 3 days (my periods last 8 days - sucks, right?) which is the worst thing ever. However there have been two or three that I've had where they were so manageable I thought that perhaps God was relieving me from the devil himself that month.

And lastly, I have a super low cervix which means the tampons have to kinda sit just behind it. However, ever since I was about 13 there has been something on the right hand side, above my vagina that's a little painful and kinda lumpy. Has anyone else had something like that? I told the doctor about this at my last visit a couple weeks ago (I've been back and forth multiple times recently trying to figure out some other issue - maybe ibs or something ) and he said that he could either arrange a scan or get a special gyno appt for me. But with all the work I'm doing for my gcses, plus the increasingly regular ibs symptoms, getting increasingly more fatigued, and heavy periods it's hard to find time and honestly I feel like shit so often.

Has anyone had anything that I've mentioned and how have you dealt with it?

-Anna

LITTLEANGEL16
April 24th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Mine did not start until I was 13 but so far they have not settled down and become regular yet I come from a family of late bloomers on mums side.

Doro15
April 24th, 2016, 02:36 AM
... I come from a family of late bloomers on mums side.

Do you think, it could be hereditary ?

LITTLEANGEL16
April 24th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Do you think, it could be hereditary ?

Yes Doro I think it could be hereditary like late puberty small or large boobs. Lots of stuff can be hereditary

Xiao.Z
April 24th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I begin 12 but not regular yet. Doctor say low body weight my issue. Not menstrual is good to me. I not have severe cramp but still inconvenient. I use tampon also.

For me body most important I believe need to see gyno special to understand and treat your problem.