PDA

View Full Version : How to relieve cramps?

nebula
April 22nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
As the title says.

When it comes to that time of the month, it's very painful. For the first 2 days I always have to have time off school because I can't physically stand up without collapsing from the pain. I take painkillers, but they take a long time to kick in (sometimes up to 1 and a half hours) and usually wear off before I can take more painkillers. Is there any good methods to help my cramps? The school are really getting on at me for being off for it haha

leahmae
April 22nd, 2016, 04:02 PM
It sounds like you should really be seeing your doctor about this. They may choose to start you on birth control, or perhaps another prescription to help with the pain from the cramps. I have some friends who used to be like you and have cramps all most to the point of where they couldn't function, they ended up going on the pill and getting their periods under control. They have almost no issues after a few years.

BlackParadePixie
April 22nd, 2016, 07:56 PM
Soaking in a warm bath often helps me...but honestly I don't think my pain even compares to what you're talking about, so I don't think that would help much.

playfull-qt
April 22nd, 2016, 11:47 PM
Soaking in a warm bath often helps me...but honestly I don't think my pain even compares to what you're talking about, so I don't think that would help much.

Fiona took the words right out of my mouth.

sweettayla
April 23rd, 2016, 12:26 AM
l'm on bc, it helps a lot but it's not the complete answer. Like Leahmae says though, if you're in pain to the point where you cant function, you really should have a talk to your doctor.

Doro15
April 23rd, 2016, 04:23 AM
I take painkillers. but speak with a doctor

LITTLEANGEL17
April 23rd, 2016, 09:14 AM
Yes painkillers and a nice soak in a bath like Fiona says, luckily I don't suffer to much.

Cangirl
April 26th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I'm going to add a long soak in a nice hot bath too. Usually for minor cramps a good rub helps to but thats only temp relief. It sounds like you have pretty serious pain :( so I think going to your doctor can help a lot.

Also for the painkillers, try to get ahead and stay on top of the pain. That means taking the pills before your pain gets really bad, and then taking more before it comes back. That way you don't have to take as much and youre not in pain.

romes3
April 26th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I have the same problem, and my doctor put me on bc. Personally, warm baths and hot packs help me as well. But yea like others have said, I would recommend that you talk to your doctor.

Sweeper
May 4th, 2016, 04:46 PM
My best pain reliever is a hot water bottle. I play sports too, so anyone who sees me would just assume I'm nursing a sore muscle, or something, so no one else needs to know what's actually happening.

Marilyn_monroe
May 9th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Try heating up a water bottle and put it right on your abdomen. You can also use a heating pad... Or drink chamomile tea. Eating a banana also helps because of the potassium in it.