PDA

View Full Version : Wasting away my life, Help

BrandonB1516
April 21st, 2016, 09:09 PM
I am a 9th grader. I am overweight (not obese i think but i am on the heavier side) and have acne. I have 2-4 people I can call friends. I have never been to a party, i have not done much that is crazy. Whenever I am around people I worry about being boring and I find it hard to know what is socially "acceptable". I am pretty sure I have dyspraxia (always been terrible at anything requiring motor skills) and i have "brain farts" a lot. It seems like I don't care or just stupid but I just take longer to get some things because of it.
I am worried I am wasting my life away. I just sit in my room and watch youtube and shit all day. Occasionally I will go to a friends house or to the movies. But I feel empty. I feel like everyone else is living a life that I am missing. Like I am completely in my own world and don't know if I can navigate the real one. Like I feel like I should be out doing shit with friends in the neighborhood or something and having fun. But I don't really have friends that live in my neighborhood I always feel so damn awkward and out of touch.
I guess my question is, what did you do in your teen years (or if you are a teen what do you do now) and how do you find happiness in life? And what would be your advice for me?

Microcosm
April 23rd, 2016, 07:04 PM
BrandonB1516,

You've got to set some goals for yourself if you want to make improvements in your life. For instance, you could make a list of everything you could do to make yourself happier(reach out to family, lose weight, try hard at school, etc.). Then, make real efforts and strides towards accomplishing those goals, one by one.

Also, find yourself someone to look up to. For example, if you know someone who is really strong and dedicated in life, try to imitate them. What I did to become a more enjoyable person to be around was try to sort of imitate the good personalities of people around me. This doesn't mean to be an ass hole to pick up girls or anything, but just try to see what kinds of attitudes that people who are successful at being social and maintaining friendships have.

Learn from others and then you have a much better shot at success.

Hope I helped and best of luck to you!