PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Pilot

mahony0509
April 19th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Anyone here interested in becoming a pilot? I definitely am. I'm hoping that when I leave school and do a college degree (something to fall back on), I will be able to apply for an Aer Lingus cadetship.

Endeavour
April 19th, 2016, 01:35 PM
That is a wonderful dream - go for it! I'm interested in becoming a pilot as well. Aer Lingus is a great airline as well :clover:

Plane And Simple
April 19th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I'm also working towards it. Do message me if you want to talk about it :)

mahony0509
April 19th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Thats great guys. I'm just a bit concerned about family life, if I was going for it.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 19th, 2016, 03:54 PM
I'm having slight considerations in becoming an astronaut. It's a very good lifestyle, I hear.
They better take me in if they know what's good for em'.

kev1998
April 24th, 2016, 02:52 PM
I would love to be a pilot. That is a dream of mine.

Falcons_11
April 24th, 2016, 06:10 PM
I want to learn to fly. My dad is a pilot and he has promised me to take flight lessons in a few years. I have flown with him many times and have taken the controls a couple times. The feeling of flying above the clouds is so awesome.

ChunkyTeen
May 17th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Arrgh ! It was a childhood dream but not anymore !!!

JohnJack
May 17th, 2016, 09:09 PM
I always wanted to be a pilot when I was little, but sort of are out of it. I still love planes and flying but don't really want to be a pilot anymore. Anyway, I've never really looked into it, but what is the most common way to become a commercial pilot these days? I always sort of though the the best pilots probably came from the air force.

Flapjack
June 3rd, 2016, 06:45 AM
I reallyyyy wanted to be a pilot when I was little! I looked into it recently but pilot school is sooooooo expensive and you can't get a student loan because it is not a uni:'(

Splat
June 3rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
I've been wanting to be a pilot for a while. My initial dream was to be a red arrow or fly other fast planes like the typhoon yada yada. Unfortunately, I know the costs and flying hours I'd need for it all and it seems incredibly difficult. So I'm still aiming to study aeronautical engineering at uni as a backup. Although a lot of people are very into "gender-roles" which is making them think my future career choices are a joke lol

Flapjack
June 3rd, 2016, 01:45 PM
I've been wanting to be a pilot for a while. My initial dream was to be a red arrow or fly other fast planes like the typhoon yada yada. Unfortunately, I know the costs and flying hours I'd need for it all and it seems incredibly difficult. So I'm still aiming to study aeronautical engineering at uni as a backup. Although a lot of people are very into "gender-roles" which is making them think my future career choices are a joke lol
Ignore all the gender roles crap! XD

Splat
June 3rd, 2016, 01:50 PM
Ignore all the gender roles crap! XD

yeah, i know. I'm starting to get used to it so it just kinda bounces off

AmyUK
August 21st, 2016, 12:50 PM
I'm currently working towards my PPL, my goal is to become a pilot in the end :) just figuring out the best way of doing it once I leave college. I'm not really interested in this MPL rubbish if I can help it.

LucaBaLuca
August 31st, 2016, 08:03 AM
Anyone here interested in becoming a pilot? I definitely am. I'm hoping that when I leave school and do a college degree (something to fall back on), I will be able to apply for an Aer Lingus cadetship.

So want to become one..... The dream of my life

azure moonstone
August 31st, 2016, 12:18 PM
I'm currently working towards my PPL, my goal is to become a pilot in the end :) just figuring out the best way of doing it once I leave college. I'm not really interested in this MPL rubbish if I can help it.

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: