PDA

View Full Version : The google+ phenomena

ZacTheZebra
April 18th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Hi guys,
When google released google+ how did you react
Where you worried, annoyed, frustrated and why?

After a few years of Google's socia media platform what did you think?

My personal opinion:
So many people say that google +
Is and will always be a terrible platform i agree on that.... Somewhat. I think improvements could be made but right now id say its quite "crap" as i said on another post it is incredibly limited and circles are by far the worse following system out there today

P.S Sorry about punctuation

Bmble_B
April 18th, 2016, 04:59 PM
I was indifferent towards everything to be honest. If google wants to try hard to be relevant, then go ahead xD

lyhom
April 18th, 2016, 06:27 PM
tbh I never gave a shit

Let Me Be a Pony
April 18th, 2016, 06:41 PM
I never use it cuz social media is scary, m8.

StoppingTom
April 18th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Google+ was just a really poor form of social media that was too late to the social media boom to be given the opportunity to grow.

Endeavour
April 19th, 2016, 03:48 PM
I agree with what Giygas/Tom has said above. Facebook and Twitter had been around for so long by the time G+ had come out , it had no hope from the beginning really. Also the circles feature is pathetic, they've made something that should be easy - click 'Follow' on Twitter, or 'Add Friend' on Facebook, to something ridiculous in my opinion.

everlong
April 19th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I was just angry that I needed one to make a YouTube account.

Melodic
April 19th, 2016, 06:50 PM
I created an account five years back. Honestly, I used it for a day then I got bored.

Microcosm
April 20th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Google+'s creation really is a unique "phenomenon" of sorts because it wasn't just terrible, but Google couldn't get people to like it because no one really wanted it from the beginning. I think people didn't want it largely because of how they tried to tie it in to YouTube, which made YouTube more personal, which a lot of people didn't want(although the personal vlogging trend is picking up).

No one really has any reason to use Google+. No matter how hard Google tries, there are already great social media services that everyone is already accustomed to. I see no reason to use something that is sort of inferior in a way anyways. The whole idea of circles just never played out as Google would've had it.

Anthem
April 26th, 2016, 08:19 AM
sLATE

Typhlosion
April 27th, 2016, 08:31 PM
This discussion is what... 5 years late? :P

Another issue was having the first days of Google+ invite-only. Why hold back those interested and make the people that got in have an empty experience? Also, it's bad.

ImCoolBeans
April 27th, 2016, 10:15 PM
I didn't really care and haven't really ever used it. It's pretty irrelevant and this is probably the first time I've even thought about it in well over a year, maybe two. Like others have said, it came pretty late in the game and other platforms like Facebook and Twitter kind of killed it from the start.

Zbmrnb16
April 28th, 2016, 05:58 PM
I didn't care then, and I don't care any more now.

Murk
May 22nd, 2016, 02:02 AM
Google plus is good for picture sharing. It has good communities, try it.