PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrollable anger

Smickey
April 17th, 2016, 06:00 PM
does anyone know how to deal with anger? i usually try to contain my anger but sometimes it just accumulates and then i explode. recently i snapped and punched in my bathrooms light switches, kicked a hole in the wall, and pretty much destroyed a lot of shit. its really all my dads fault because he's a psychotic, violent, self-righteous, hypocritical piece of shit and every day i hate him more and more. but im afraid that im gonna become like him and thats literally the last thing i want. its bad because destroying shit feels really satisfying now and i get a rush from being violent

Microcosm
April 17th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Smickey

You know, I used to think the way to deal with anger was to just sort of meditate and force it down in a way that seemed effective. That works with depression to some degree, but with a violent response like anger, I don't think it would work all too well for many serious sufferers of anger.

I think you should take up some physical activity. Get a punching bag, maybe. That could really help to get that pent-up energy out of your system.

Anger is tough because it can be really spontaneous and can have devastating consequences. I admire you though for coming on here and trying to find some advice on what to do. The best first step is always to admit and realize you have a problem. Then, you analyze the problem, study it. Then, you work on the solution.

Best of luck to you. Hope I helped.

ZacTheZebra
April 18th, 2016, 04:47 PM
I have a brother like this i know this sounds stupid and futile but take deep breaths and shit if that doesn't work try turning anger into a different emotion sorry im not very good at this

Smickey
April 18th, 2016, 06:35 PM
thanks for the advice guys