PDA

View Full Version : P101 Archives

ZacTheZebra
April 17th, 2016, 02:05 AM
So i usually go through the archives sometimes to try find information about things that i wouldn't post about, and when im scrolling through the archives i often see allot of just dead threads or locked threads is there a better way of dealing with these as the archive then gets full of half/unanswered posts

Thanks ~Zac~

Endeavour
April 17th, 2016, 05:03 AM
Well the P101 archive is used to delete inappropriate threads or if they are bumped (old, posted in after 2 months of inactivity). All archive threads are locked. So if they are locked (and in the archive), they are locked for a reason.

An easier way might be to use the search function in P101 (for all/for boys/archive) to try and find something you need.

Periphery
April 17th, 2016, 09:06 AM
So i usually go through the archives sometimes to try find information about things that i wouldn't post about, and when im scrolling through the archives i often see allot of just dead threads or locked threads is there a better way of dealing with these as the archive then gets full of half/unanswered posts

Thanks ~Zac~

Remove the archives. There are enough posts in the 2 puberty forums.

I have another, better reason for this aswell though. Now, don't any of you ever wonder why at almost any point during the day, 100+ people are viewing the archives? That is way more than there are people active on VT most of the time. Now, how many people here actually think that that are members who are not logged in watching? Well, yeah.

I am pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty damn sure that some of 100+ people might be pretty creepy people. But that's just my opinion here, but I don't think anyone here likes the idea of a 50 year old man reading there posts on puberty threads right?

Elysium
April 17th, 2016, 09:37 AM
If we remove the archive, all of those half/unanswered posts would just stay and clutter up the P101 forums. Either that or they all get deleted, which would cause more problems than it would solve.

But yes, the point of the archive is to house all the threads that have been locked for one reason or another.

xXl0sth0peXx
April 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM

Thanks ~Zac~

The archives allow us keep the threads that aren't keepable in the normal forums. If we left them in the normal puberty forums they come from, the forums would be so cluttered, and finding new threads to post in would be really hard, and painful. This is important for us to keep as records, and honestly, from a moderation standpoint, it's the best system for us to use. You can always use the search buttons in there if you're looking for something specific, or look for threads (you can put them in post order by clicking on "replies" next to "last post" and "view") with higher post counts since those might yield. I don't think we'll get rid of the archive just to make it more readable, especially when it works really well.

Remove the archives. There are enough posts in the 2 puberty forums.

I have another, better reason for this aswell though. Now, don't any of you ever wonder why at almost any point during the day, 100+ people are viewing the archives? That is way more than there are people active on VT most of the time. Now, how many people here actually think that that are members who are not logged in watching? Well, yeah.

I am pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty damn sure that some of 100+ people might be pretty creepy people. But that's just my opinion here, but I don't think anyone here likes the idea of a 50 year old man reading there posts on puberty threads right?

Regardless of whether we have the archive or not, people are still going to be reading the puberty section. If we kept all of those archive threads in the forums they were posted in, just locked, we'd just get those archive readers in the main forums. Nixing the archive wouldn't do anything to stop people from reading. Are a lot of those people probably creepy? Honestly, yes. But we can't do anything about it, except monitor registration and moderate the forums, which we do.

Do you think we should make the forums private? Because that would just defer registration so much. I read the forums before I joined, I know of a bunch of friends who did as well, and I'm sure a whole lot of VT did as well. And I don't know if I would have joined if I couldn't read and look around first. It's an important step.

If you don't want a 50 year old perv reading your post on the internet, then I strongly urge you to not post it.

Periphery
April 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM
The archives allow us keep the threads that aren't keepable in the normal forums. If we left them in the normal puberty forums they come from, the forums would be so cluttered, and finding new threads to post in would be really hard, and painful. This is important for us to keep as records, and honestly, from a moderation standpoint, it's the best system for us to use. You can always use the search buttons in there if you're looking for something specific, or look for threads (you can put them in post order by clicking on "replies" next to "last post" and "view") with higher post counts since those might yield. I don't think we'll get rid of the archive just to make it more readable, especially when it works really well.

Regardless of whether we have the archive or not, people are still going to be reading the puberty section. If we kept all of those archive threads in the forums they were posted in, just locked, we'd just get those archive readers in the main forums. Nixing the archive wouldn't do anything to stop people from reading. Are a lot of those people probably creepy? Honestly, yes. But we can't do anything about it, except monitor registration and moderate the forums, which we do.

Do you think we should make the forums private? Because that would just defer registration so much. I read the forums before I joined, I know of a bunch of friends who did as well, and I'm sure a whole lot of VT did as well. And I don't know if I would have joined if I couldn't read and look around first. It's an important step.

If you don't want a 50 year old perv reading your post on the internet, then I strongly urge you to not post it.

Well, I never post there so it's not really my problem but still worth mentioning. Making it private may not be such a bad idea. What you say about new members is also right though, but yeah, the pervs are still there.

Typhlosion
April 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Honestly, I don't think that the majority of the people reading the Archives are creepy at all. Most of those people are probably teens that found one of the threads on a Google search. Removing the Archives would mean losing a chunk of VT's history and exposition from search engines. They may seem redundant at first, but they make a lot of sense in the long run. And for that reason, making P101 private is a horrible idea.

ZacTheZebra
April 17th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Honestly, I don't think that the majority of the people reading the Archives are creepy at all. Most of those people are probably teens that found one of the threads on a Google search. Removing the Archives would mean losing a chunk of VT's history and exposition from search engines. They may seem redundant at first, but they make a lot of sense in the long run. And for that reason, making P101 private is a horrible idea.

but VT itself has been archived on wayback machine and on the website itself

Here is a brilliant example of why P101 Archives should be private Click here to see why (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2027085)

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream

Endeavour
April 17th, 2016, 04:29 PM
but VT itself has been archived on wayback machine and on the website itself

Here is a brilliant example of why P101 Archives should be private Click here to see why (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2027085)

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream

I don't really get your point. If you're saying they should be private because of the inappropriate-ness that goes on there, well it's not like we can tell who the OP is; we can't tell who anyone is on here, it's all anonymous on here unless you choose to give out your details.

As Val has said above I think people might get turned away if there are more locked forums.

ZacTheZebra
April 17th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I don't really get your point. If you're saying they should be private because of the inappropriate-ness that goes on there, well it's not like we can tell who the OP is; we can't tell who anyone is on here, it's all anonymous on here unless you choose to give out your details.

As Val has said above I think people might get turned away if there are more locked forums.

i was just trying to get at why the inappropriate posts aren't privated so only mods can see them but if they are just old posts then thats different

Endeavour
April 17th, 2016, 04:34 PM
i was just trying to get at why the inappropriate posts aren't privated so only mods can see them but if they are just old posts then thats different

Ok maybe then, but putting all the bumped/inappropriate threads in one place, it moves them away from the main forums. Also it could provide 'examples' of what not to post.

ZacTheZebra
April 17th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Ok maybe then, but putting all the bumped/inappropriate threads in one place, it moves them away from the main forums. Also it could provide 'examples' of what not to post.

Actually, that is a very valid point i guess that ends the thread can mods lock it now thnks guys!!

Emerald Dream

azure moonstone
April 17th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Locked at OP request. :locked: