PDA

View Full Version : Sudden fits of rage and irrationality.

Body odah Man
April 16th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Recently I've been diagnosed with a psychosis and put on anti psychotic meds. Lately I've been having moments where I get so angry for no reason and feel like hurting people that love me and whom I love. Furthermore I suddenly do VERY irrational things (e.g. buying stuff with IRL cash for an online game then giving it all away, destroying the things I love). Anyone got any tips for dealing with this shit?

ZacTheZebra
April 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Maybe try controlled release i dont know if that might work ?

Body odah Man
April 17th, 2016, 04:08 AM
Maybe try controlled release i dont know if that might work ?

Meaning?

ZacTheZebra
April 17th, 2016, 04:11 AM
where you release all your anger at once on a specific thing

Body odah Man
April 17th, 2016, 07:35 AM
where you release all your anger at once on a specific thing

I've tried but that just makes me more angry and causes my rage to increase.

ZacTheZebra
April 17th, 2016, 03:51 PM
I've tried but that just makes me more angry and causes my rage to increase.

Have you tried the white padded room you can vent there if thats what you mean and if you want something more physical try going outside and destroying plants

Body odah Man
April 19th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Have you tried the white padded room you can vent there if thats what you mean and if you want something more physical try going outside and destroying plants

I don't need to vent; I need help. Was hoping to find that here. I don't have any goals at all, all I want to do is play videogames, video games which don't fill the day, the day which is too long.

ZacTheZebra
April 19th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I don't need to vent; I need help. Was hoping to find that here. I don't have any goals at all, all I want to do is play videogames, video games which don't fill the day, the day which is too long.

Now I understand better you want to play video games constantly. It may not be what you want to hear but gaming constantly just isn't viable by any means. I can understand your frustration I surely do. I still don't know how to control it.

You could try changing your emotion. (e.g Anger can be changed and manipulated try turning anger into sadness and then listen to music)
This would be a useful method because your removing, your irrational thought process and turning it into something more controllable, then from there, you could listen to music to cheer you up again.[

Microcosm
April 22nd, 2016, 09:48 PM
Body odah Man,

Not being able to control your emotions is a super tough situation, especially when the emotion in question is anger. Anger is really irrational most of the time and tends to be a very natural release of energy and it's the brain's reaction to some sort of angering stimuli. Some people, perhaps like yourself, don't necessarily experience a consistent stimuli, but their brain, losing control of its anger, still releases that energy in a destructive manner.

There are various ways of dealing with anger. For instance, a stress ball can be useful. Investing in a punching bag could also help. My advice is to try to find something that you can unleash all of that anger on or at least appease the feelings of anger.

You said earlier that doing that makes you feel more angry, which does complicate the situation. Perhaps some self-examination is required, then. Maybe there is a root cause for the anger. Maybe you're mad at yourself for playing video games so much? That sort of reason.

You could talk to someone like a counselor about it. I'm no trained professional, but they are. They usually have professional methods of dealing with this sort of thing.

Try meditating and looking deeper into the root cause of the anger. Just think about that for a while. Once you've done that, try thinking about the steps you can take to deal with that root cause. For instance, if video games are the problem, try slowly cutting down on the video games over time.

Hope I helped. Best of luck to you.

Body odah Man
April 23rd, 2016, 08:44 AM
Body odah Man,

Not being able to control your emotions is a super tough situation, especially when the emotion in question is anger. Anger is really irrational most of the time and tends to be a very natural release of energy and it's the brain's reaction to some sort of angering stimuli. Some people, perhaps like yourself, don't necessarily experience a consistent stimuli, but their brain, losing control of its anger, still releases that energy in a destructive manner.

There are various ways of dealing with anger. For instance, a stress ball can be useful. Investing in a punching bag could also help. My advice is to try to find something that you can unleash all of that anger on or at least appease the feelings of anger.

You said earlier that doing that makes you feel more angry, which does complicate the situation. Perhaps some self-examination is required, then. Maybe there is a root cause for the anger. Maybe you're mad at yourself for playing video games so much? That sort of reason.

You could talk to someone like a counselor about it. I'm no trained professional, but they are. They usually have professional methods of dealing with this sort of thing.

Try meditating and looking deeper into the root cause of the anger. Just think about that for a while. Once you've done that, try thinking about the steps you can take to deal with that root cause. For instance, if video games are the problem, try slowly cutting down on the video games over time.

Hope I helped. Best of luck to you.

How do you meditate?
And I know why I'm angry; I have mental health issues which make me do crazy shit. I had meds but they ran out and I don't have a counselor because everything is so slow in Holland. Therefore meditating seems like a good solution

Microcosm
April 23rd, 2016, 11:25 AM
How do you meditate?
And I know why I'm angry; I have mental health issues which make me do crazy shit. I had meds but they ran out and I don't have a counselor because everything is so slow in Holland. Therefore meditating seems like a good solution

Yes, that all makes sense.

The best thing you can do now is to do some research on how to meditate. I can give you the basics, but research could help a lot.

Find some comfortable place to sit where you won't have to move and your spine is comfortable. Put on some headphones and some good meditation music. It can be found on YouTube. Once you're ready and you know no one is going to distract you midway through the session, close your eyes and start trying to slow your breathing. Count each breath. Try to clear your mind of all intrusive thoughts.

After a while, you should still feel very conscious of everything happening to you, but you should reach a state of pure vision into your mind. It's the perfect environment for analyzing your thoughts. So, from there, keep yourself calm and think about things like anger and the cause of it.

Body odah Man
April 24th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Yes, that all makes sense.

The best thing you can do now is to do some research on how to meditate. I can give you the basics, but research could help a lot.

Find some comfortable place to sit where you won't have to move and your spine is comfortable. Put on some headphones and some good meditation music. It can be found on YouTube. Once you're ready and you know no one is going to distract you midway through the session, close your eyes and start trying to slow your breathing. Count each breath. Try to clear your mind of all intrusive thoughts.

After a while, you should still feel very conscious of everything happening to you, but you should reach a state of pure vision into your mind. It's the perfect environment for analyzing your thoughts. So, from there, keep yourself calm and think about things like anger and the cause of it.

Aight I'll try that then, thanks

Xiao.Z
May 6th, 2016, 12:09 PM
When upset and anger I channel in workout. Adopt father have punch bag and use that for more release.

Body odah Man
May 17th, 2016, 03:03 AM
When upset and anger I channel in workout. Adopt father have punch bag and use that for more release.

hmm good idea. Thanks Xiao

lemondrop
May 17th, 2016, 03:18 PM
You've mentioned video games .. Few years ago i had smth simillar , for no reason i would get very angry like a spurt of rage... And then i found out.. Well if i wasn't spending enough time on video games for two days i would get angry,but if i could hold this craving to play smth for around 4 days(no pc for 4 days) the rage would go off and i would stop thinking about pc and console

My advise would be: try to find other activities , ditch the video games also it's a big waste of time ^.^

Body odah Man
May 24th, 2016, 10:14 AM
You've mentioned video games .. Few years ago i had smth simillar , for no reason i would get very angry like a spurt of rage... And then i found out.. Well if i wasn't spending enough time on video games for two days i would get angry,but if i could hold this craving to play smth for around 4 days(no pc for 4 days) the rage would go off and i would stop thinking about pc and console

My advise would be: try to find other activities , ditch the video games also it's a big waste of time ^.^

I'll try that I guess. Any advice?

lemondrop
May 24th, 2016, 10:34 AM
I'll try that I guess. Any advice?

Some sports,but focus on that a lot,go out with friends ^.^ try to ditch RS xDD

Body odah Man
May 24th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Some sports,but focus on that a lot,go out with friends ^.^ try to ditch RS xDD

I'm not into sports and my friends are all busy with university but I'll think of something

lemondrop
May 24th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I'm not into sports and my friends are all busy with university but I'll think of something

Well i was always bad in sports also,but things changed ^.~

Body odah Man
May 24th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Well i was always bad in sports also,but things changed ^.~

really, what did you do? how'd u get better?

lemondrop
May 24th, 2016, 12:40 PM
really, what did you do? how'd u get better?

Started to like that ;) find some mates and go to the gym and get some gaiiinnnzzz u'll love it after u'll see the results and hard work. Don't forget - 1st month is the hardest and id u change workout program it gets quite hard for one week if u'll go alone it might be boring ,unless u get to know someone in the gym (partner). But i believe there's a sport that everyone can perform well u just need to find it - 21st century go try tennis,try swimming,try boxing,try mma, try powerlifting,try bodybuilding,try rugby,try basketball,soccer,running,rally,volleyball. Just do smth - pc is a waste of time, nobody lives forever. Go and discover something, find new talents that u never knew about. Join math club,book club doesn't matter, find a gf/bf. You'll see that life is much more than a good nap infront of pc screen. ^.^

Body odah Man
May 24th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Started to like that ;) find some mates and go to the gym and get some gaiiinnnzzz u'll love it after u'll see the results and hard work. Don't forget - 1st month is the hardest and id u change workout program it gets quite hard for one week if u'll go alone it might be boring ,unless u get to know someone in the gym (partner). But i believe there's a sport that everyone can perform well u just need to find it - 21st century go try tennis,try swimming,try boxing,try mma, try powerlifting,try bodybuilding,try rugby,try basketball,soccer,running,rally,volleyball. Just do smth - pc is a waste of time, nobody lives forever. Go and discover something, find new talents that u never knew about. Join math club,book club doesn't matter, find a gf/bf. You'll see that life is much more than a good nap infront of pc screen. ^.^

Yeah, I'll try that.

lemondrop
May 24th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I'll try that.

There's a quote "life begins at the end of your comfort zone" ,start doing that now or tomorrow don't procrastinate

Body odah Man
May 24th, 2016, 01:01 PM
There's a quote "life begins at the end of your comfort zone" ,start doing that now or tomorrow don't procrastinate

Never heard that quote before, but it sounds wise and I like that