PDA

View Full Version : My future?

ZacTheZebra
April 16th, 2016, 01:27 PM
HEY GUYS,
so i know its been awhile since my last post months even! anyway i have no idea about my future all i know is i want to go to university can anyone help me with the whole how do i get there ?

Vlerchan
April 16th, 2016, 05:14 PM
anyway i have no idea about my future all i know is i want to go to university can anyone help me with the whole how do i get there ?
In short and at risk of sounding obvious: get good grades and that should keep your options open.

Though I wouldn't advise attending university for the sake of attending university.

ZacTheZebra
April 16th, 2016, 05:18 PM
In short and at risk of sounding obvious: get good grades and that should keep your options open.

Though I wouldn't advise attending university for the sake of attending university.

Your making it sound easy ayway thanks for the advice!

lyhom
April 16th, 2016, 08:27 PM
you're 14 so you still have plenty of time to think about it, but generally I'd just recommending getting good grades and thinking about what kind of job you want to have.

Porpoise101
April 16th, 2016, 11:46 PM
As others have said, good grades. I also think it's a good idea to try new things now so you can get a good idea of the things you like. Maybe get a group of friends together and do something new. When it comes time to plan out your path, you will have a better idea.

Endeavour
April 17th, 2016, 05:18 AM
ZacTheZebra

Zac,

You're only 14, you shouldn't really be worrying about university yet. If you haven't picked your GCSE options yet you should ideally try to keep your options in the future with a variety of subjects (I was told to do a language, humanity and then something else you enjoyed) so you can do whatever you want to do in the future.

Also as others have said getting good grades is important to progress to sixth form/college/A levels - whatever you want to do at the time.

Microcosm
April 23rd, 2016, 07:22 PM
ZacTheZebra,

I think it's important at this stage in your life to think about what you would like to do within a very broad category of study. For instance, if you had a particularly strong interest in science, then it would be wise to try to cultivate that interest. That way, by the time you get around to picking a college, you'll have an idea of what field you enjoy and would like to go into.

Personally, I'm in the tenth grade and I am still exploring some options. I'm considering a future in careers under the broad category of English(Lawyer, Professor, Teacher, Journalist, etc.). This has given me a general idea on which I can base future, more specific career plans for my future.

Hope this advice helps.