PDA

View Full Version : My Grief and advice for grief

magicmunchkin
April 14th, 2016, 07:38 PM
So I am at a point where I have moved on for the most part about my grandma's suicide. She had been my closest family member she she committed.
I realised it gets better, but that doesn't mean its gone for good. There will be times you feel like you need to cry and that's okay. Because of her death I have helped many people and talked people out of it and helped them realize there is good to being alive.
Last night was one of the times where I was helping someone and they all of a sudden stopped responding and I realised I never actually moved on. I still blamed myself for her death. I told myself I couldn't be responsible for another death.
I had never forgiven myself and realised how I couldn't have properly helped her. It will be a while before I forgive myself for all the deaths around me, but I am working towards that point. If you have that problem too. You're not alone for one and two you can get there. Don't become another victim of guilt and sorrow. You can move on, even if it feels like you can't. It may be a while, but you can get better.

Microcosm
April 23rd, 2016, 07:05 PM
I'm proud of you for overcoming grief. It's a great message for those who need it.