PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S5 randomly restarting

Periphery
April 12th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Well, title says it all. My phone pretty much restarts whenever it feels like it. Also tends to freeze completely and permanently unless I take my battery out at times. Anyone know what might be the cause of this? Android 5.0 if that helps.

devotionnel
April 12th, 2016, 02:48 PM
marb121 How old is your phone? and have you dropped it a lot? I can't really see it being a hardware problem, so it might be software.

Periphery
April 12th, 2016, 02:51 PM
marb121 How old is your phone? and have you dropped it a lot? I can't really see it being a hardware problem, so it might be software.

Eeeeeeh few years and I drop it like everyday. It randomly started doing this without anything specific happening before that so I have no clue honestly.

devotionnel
April 12th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Eeeeeeh few years and I drop it like everyday. It randomly started doing this without anything specific happening before that so I have no clue honestly.

It might just be getting a bit old bro... even though Samsungs are supposed to be quite hardwearing in terms of drops, especially compared to Apple products.

You might also have a dodgy app, sometimes third-party apps can mess with the phone's software and make it freeze/crash constantly.

You also might want to check for a software update and get it updated if you can, I have the A5 and I'm currently on 5.0.2 so maybe you could update to that one too, I'm not sure.

If all else fails, you might have to take it to get it repaired or checked by someone who knows what they're doing.

Periphery
April 12th, 2016, 03:08 PM
It might just be getting a bit old bro... even though Samsungs are supposed to be quite hardwearing in terms of drops, especially compared to Apple products.

You might also have a dodgy app, sometimes third-party apps can mess with the phone's software and make it freeze/crash constantly.

You also might want to check for a software update and get it updated if you can, I have the A5 and I'm currently on 5.0.2 so maybe you could update to that one too, I'm not sure.

If all else fails, you might have to take it to get it repaired or checked by someone who knows what they're doing.

Yeah...I'll try the update first and look for any fishy apps. Not sure if getting it repaired is worth it because I might get a new one soon. Thanks for the reply though!

devotionnel
April 12th, 2016, 03:11 PM
No worries! My phone kept crashing a couple months ago because of the dodgy app problem, but I wasn't so sure if it was just the app or the software itself, but after deleting said app I had no problems.