PDA

View Full Version : Benzos

TrillClinton
April 7th, 2016, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure if you all know what benzodiazepines are, but have any of you used them either as medication or for recreational drug use?
If you don't know what benzos are, they're a depressant that acts on the CNS and the GABA receptors in your brain; and they're often used to treat anxiety and panic disorders. The most common one is Xanax, but there is also Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, Rohypnol, and many more.

Last year my school went through a huuuge Xanax craze. For a whole month I could say a good quarter of the school was buying and using xans. My friends was selling xans at the time (hulk bars and footballs) and he was overrun with new customers. I don't know what caused it, but everyone wanted xanax. Eventually it got bad enough that a couple people were taking too much and blacking out in class. But since then benzos have been the #1 drug of choice at my school.

phuckphace
April 8th, 2016, 12:52 AM
I've taken bars before for shits and gigs and didn't care for it at all. it gave me an unpleasant combination of being super-wired and super-tired at the same time, basically what I imagine being tweaked must feel like. I have no clue why people find this appealing as my experience was awful and I just couldn't wait for it to be over. 0/5 would not recommend.

I at least can understand the appeal of taking, say, Vicodin or Percocet since the effects from those are a pleasant euphoria, although doing those recreationally is incredibly dangerous and stupid. I limit my pill use to a single therapeutic dose AS NEEDED for pain, as the label instructs, although you shouldn't do that either since it's illegal without a scrip (for a good reason).

but yeah fuck benzos, that shit is a drag

TrillClinton
April 8th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Every drug affects people different, unfrotunately you had a bad experience. Benzos have always been a fun time for me. For me it's like being drunk, but without the negative side effects you get from alcohol.

kev1998
April 30th, 2016, 12:29 AM
I take 2mg Valium x2 per day for anxiety. My MD refuses to give me Xanax because it is more addictive and given my past he does not want me on anything like that. I would prefer Xanax because it is does not make me sleepy like the Valium.

Fehu
May 20th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Peraonally I havent done a lot of benzos(wanted to get xanax because even though its kind of hard to find its cheap and sounds like something i want to do, but just wasnt interested enough to actually buy it), but ive tooken diazepam a few times and know people who pop pills (at my school not a lot of people do them because theyre hard to get if you dont have a script or a connection and people arouns here dont do a lot of pills). Ime diazepam was kind of nice(not my prescription), but i just felt drunk without the bad effects, and even though i felt relaxed physically and i was chill, it just want that fun to do recreationally and made my anxiety go into the backround but i just recognized that that was just addressing the symptom, not the problem.