PDA

View Full Version : Will my neck look normal after my wound goes away?

Feraligatr
April 6th, 2016, 04:10 PM
I had an abcess tooth which I posted about before. I have this incision in my neck after they drained my lump. It didn't need stitches and I think if it did, they would have gave me some. It's supposed to heal like a paper cut.

Will the indent from the cut go away? I felt an indent, probably due to the scabbing. I was told it was healing well, but I'm just wondering if my neck will look normal. I don't want an indent in my neck forever, after the scab falls off.

It's in the process of becoming a scab now, so I'm doing better. I'm not swelled up anymore and my infected teeth were pulled. I don't have swelling.

I tried to get a good angle for the picture.

http://i63.tinypic.com/k16o2b.jpg

StoppingTom
April 6th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah, it looks like it's healing over well, so you won't really have any indents or scarring.

Feraligatr
April 8th, 2016, 11:23 AM
The scar seems to be peeling off now. I felt it (after I washed my hands) and I felt it coming off just a little bit. I hope it doesn't take too long for the indentation to go away. The school nurse is "keeping watch" on the wound each school day morning, and she says it looks better each day.

northy
April 8th, 2016, 01:11 PM
I don't understand why she needs to "keep watch", it looks fine to me. It will probably heal in time. Be patient for a bit.