PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at music production.

Melodic
April 6th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I'm currently learning music production so I can eventually sing my own material. I just downloaded the app yesterday and I worked on this song for about an hour. Since I'm beginning to learn how to produce my own music, I'd really like a second opinion. Thanks! :)

QKHT_0Yeo1M

ImCoolBeans
April 12th, 2016, 11:15 AM
It needs some dynamics. It's not bad but it could really use a stronger melody, as it's very rhythmic. Never underestimate how important a strong drum kit is, especially to a hip hop beat. The bongos are cool, but they aren't really doing the job as the backbone of the song. I think they add something to it for sure, but I think you need something more solid holding it down in the background, as well as a bass line.

Melodic
April 14th, 2016, 11:56 PM
It needs some dynamics. It's not bad but it could really use a stronger melody, as it's very rhythmic. Never underestimate how important a strong drum kit is, especially to a hip hop beat. The bongos are cool, but they aren't really doing the job as the backbone of the song. I think they add something to it for sure, but I think you need something more solid holding it down in the background, as well as a bass line.

Thank you so much for the tips! I knew there was something off in this but I couldn't figure it out.

Sasha M
June 20th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Well the video is private but based on how you said "app" im guessing your using an Android/IOS app to make music. I know your just starting but getting a proper DAW is something I would recommend!

(Get FL Studio!)
(Don't worry you can torrent it unless your rich LOL)

Melodic
June 20th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Well the video is private but based on how you said "app" im guessing your using an Android/IOS app to make music. I know your just starting but getting a proper DAW is something I would recommend!

(Get FL Studio!)
(Don't worry you can torrent it unless your rich LOL)

Crap. I forgot I made all my previous videos private. I made it public again for you! :)

As for the application I'm using, I'm using Garageband on Apple. I'll eventually be buying some professional software but I decided to use Garageband as I've heard it's a great starter for those who first start wanting to create original music.

Sasha M
June 20th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Crap. I forgot I made all my previous videos private. I made it public again for you! :)

As for the application I'm using, I'm using Garageband on Apple. I'll eventually be buying some professional software but I decided to use Garageband as I've heard it's a great starter for those who first start wanting to create original music.

Pretty good for an hour!
What Beans said, add some backbone to it! :metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gKPagTrLIA