PDA

View Full Version : Exercises to build definition??

Rhys2001
April 4th, 2016, 04:23 PM
So I was just wondering, I do a fair amount of excercise and my diet is for the most part healthy, things like chocolate in moderation. So I assume to build definition you need specific exercises, what would you suggest for abs and upper general upper body?

Sheriff McGregor
April 4th, 2016, 05:08 PM
For upper body I suggest
Decline barbell chest press
Incline DB chest press (shoot for 6-8 reps, go heavy)
One arm DB rows (always do after benching)
Pull-ups
Seated DB shoulder presses

For your arms, you're gonna wanna do circuits. I suggest bench dips, kickbacks and rope pulldowns for triceps. I reccomend preacher curls, incline chair curls, and alternating hammer curls for biceps.

For abs,
Deadlifts (their great for the entire body)
Rope crunches
Planks
Side planks
Reverse crunches
Leg raises
Also if you want nice abs, eat clean and do at least 1-2 cardio days a week.

Don't forget to stretch before and after workouts, it's extremely important to regrow muscle tissue.

Work different muscle parts on different days. Give them time to rest.

dbfordateam
April 4th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Also Bench Press in general got my chest a lot bigger, but as sheriff said above you want to add variety to work different angles

FrostbiteFitness
April 4th, 2016, 07:04 PM
A muscle can only grow, shrink, or maintain itself, you cannot define or tone a muscle. haveing more visible muscle is a factor depending on your bodyfat %. Dropyour BF% to have more visible muscles.

Rhys2001
April 5th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Also I seem to struggle getting rid of fat just below my belly button, there isn't a lot but what can I do to get rid of that?

GothSwimmer
April 5th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I can't recommend planking enough, and push ups immediately following. Side planking too. They're your stretches as well as your exercise.

lemondrop
April 5th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Sheriff McGregor told you good routine,but physique without leg development look ridiculous - no symmetry